Did the Decepticons get justice in the Bay movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SoundwaveFanboy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. SoundwaveFanboy

SoundwaveFanboy Decepticon

What is your guys opinions about the Decepticons in Michael bays transformer movies?Well i thought in the first movie the Decpticons were very tough but in the 2nd and third they were fairly weak being easily killed.

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    First and second, the Decepticons were handled decently enough. DOTM however, the Cons were okay but were severely overpowered. Shockwave, primarily.

3. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Not really

4. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

^ Overpowered? Underpowered is the better word to describe them. Shockwave was the only one that could tank bullets, and missles. The other cons, were severely underpowered, getting killed with a few bullet shots from humans. Did the cons have a greater number of soldiers? Yes. were they tanks on the battlefield? No. The cons may have numbers on their side, but they still were pieces of tinfoil. In the first movie they were good, but in rotf, and dotm they were pretty weak.

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Depends what you consider justice. They lacked the quirky personalities or evil plans of the usual incarnations.

But they also portrayed as intimidating monstrous alien invaders who killed and caused alot of destruction, before inevitiably being defeated by the power of justice like in most heroic movies. A far cry from the brightly colored morons with cartoonish voices that weren't actually allowed to hurt anybody cons of G1.

Except the protoforms. They kind of sucked all around. But you know. That was kind of the point.

6. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I dislike that Michael Bay made the con's just savage mindless drones besides, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and the Fallen..Shockwave was ok but not the best. I could understand the dreads..But the rest of the con's? Not so much. I mean..Even the Vehicons in TF-Prime have some sort of personality in them maybe not the best, but it's still something on the long run.

7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    :(  Only in the first one and a bit in ROTF

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Did the evil, monstrous Decepticons get justice? They got justice alright. Because now they're all dead.

9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

This looks like bait for the many TF fans who have repeatedly complained that the Decepticons were too weak and blah blah blah.... Which I disagree with. The Decepticons were just more beastly and savage than the Autobots in the movies, and some came across as rather dumb. Other than that, they were actually kind of scary, many were enormous, and lots were pretty bad ass.
    People complain that Megatron was such a puss, but he stomped Optimus and killed Jazz in the first film, killed Optimus and survived insane amounts of damage in ROTF, and even had his moments in DOTM despite his grave condition. Megatron was BAD ASS.
    People seem to forget that the Autobots had the help of humanity, which it seems the cons greatly underestimated, and for good reason. If I was evil and landed on a planet of cockroaches, I'd be laughing and stomping them as I made my way to my evil goals. I wouldn't expect them to devise strategies to blow my evil friends up, upgrade my enemies, or hit me with devastating weaponry.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

In the ranks of movie villains the Decepticons would come in somewhere at the bottom of the list.

Very little personality in the first film if your name wasn't something like Megatron or Starscream, but by Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon there was about zero personality except for Laserbeak, which is odd since Laserbeak had almost zero personality in G1.

The Decepticons had a horrible pattern of they can do something when they first show up, but after one cool thing they become completely incompetent and just waiting to die. The Decepticons are such a weak force that the only chance they have at winning is to gain some magical McGuffin because they lack the power to just defeat their enemies without a McGuffin.

So easy to kill that even Sam can kill Decepticons. To get any weaker they would need for Sam's grandma to kill one with a walker.

The Droid Army from the Star Wars prequels had more personality and put up a better fight than the Decepticons.

If the movie Decepticons were the only Decepticons the world had ever known then there would be no Decepticon fans in the world. The movie Decepticons make Waspinator look like Chuck Norris.

11. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What justice ? It's dead nowadays

12. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yes sir. yes.

dude, Waspinator should be big brother Carmine from Gears of War. You think he died, but he didn't !!!!!

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    See I watched DOTM again the other day, and actually where did the hundreds of Decepticons go after the Space Bridge got blown up? Sure there was an afterthought shot of stuff being sucked back into the collapsing space bridge, but really? After Megatron and Sentinel buy the farm they all retreated or something?

Actually now thatI think about it, thats so true to G1 storylines! Its both a nod to my childhood AND a big finger in the eye of continuity and logical storytelling! Michael Bay is a genius!

14. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

They were meant to be mysterious and scary. Naturally, that wouldn't scare most people, but I do know people who cower in their seats when they see a Decepticon on screen.

For a Decepticon, facing an army of humans with guns is a human facing an army of scorpions. Facing their vehicles? Humans facing wasps and beetles roughly their size.

You wouldn't last very long, now would you? (And to those of you who think the Decepticons were not good villains because of how they died, I dare you to try doing this. If you cannot, you have no right to complain.)

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Justice depends. In regards to their actions, they recieved justice when the Autobots and the humans foiled their plans and defeated them.

In regards to portrayal, opinions can vary. I was happy with how they worked in the films, especially with how they played on the paranoia fuel of their disguises; Barricade's police car mode and Blackout's infiltration are very well done, and Soundwave's deception in DOTM was pretty awesome.

True, they were defeated pretty easily once the Autobots got their game on, but to be fair, in ROTF, the Fallen's plan would have worked if the Autobots hadn't had Jetfire there to sacrifice himself (and Jolt too), and in DOTM, the Autobots themselves whipped out a neat plan to counter the Decepticons.

I was happy with the Decepticons in the films. They were intimidating, merciless, brutal and I loved their designs and variation compared to the 'Bots.

16. SoundwaveFanboy

Well in the 3rd movie i liked how they made the decepticons a little bit stronger than revenge of the fallen

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well they all got killed, so that's something I guess.

I feel some of the characters got the shaft, but that happened on both sides and I'm far past giving a shit.

18. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Of course not. They were background cannon fodder

19. SoundwaveFanboy

I also like how in DOTM they made the decepticons kill humans on screen to show us how brutal they are.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry but even as scary monsters they still rank really low on the list of scary movie monsters.

Compare it to another movie with scary alien monsters and the military, oh lets say Aliens. Now that is give you nightmares sort of scary. An alien species so deadly that even a squad of marines isn't enough to stop them the only option is to survive long enough to nuke the place. No stomping the bugs into submission they are almost unstoppable killing machines. Even if you shot one the acid blood might kill you.

Or take the first two Terminator movies. First movie you get famous lines from the bad guy and a robot that the hero almost can't stop. The second film instead of a weaker bad guy they make the bad guy even deadlier by giving him a liquid metal body.

Sorry but plenty of movies out there with almost unstoppable bad guys, which means I have plenty of room to complain. It's just a more engaging film for me when the bad guys are so hard to stop than getting bored because it seems like the bad guys were pushovers that almost anyone with a gun could stop. The Joker wasn't bullet proof but it still felt like all the guns in Gotham were useless so could even Batman stop him.