Did the Cybertron Toyline suck?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep seeing scraps of the last wave at every toy store I go to and was wondering if this thing sold well? I dont own any of the toys themselves and have little interest in anything after G1. I find it odd that a toy line which came before Classics would be as available as the movie stuff which just came out a few months ago.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Some of the repaints did. Some molds worked better as repaints (Excellion, Galvatron) some were wasted oppertunities (Galaxy Prime, Scrapmetal)

The molds themselves (especially the first waves and Hasbro exclusives) were very good. Some of my favorites (and ones I recommend) were Prime, Megs, Crumplezone, Ransack, Thundercracker, both Scattorshots, Redalert and Excellion.

The line was decent as a whole, but the cartoon sucked and there were some really weak molds.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nope, it didn't suck. I'd say it was awesome. Maybe the only issue it had was a practical lack of support from a TV show d/t CN's odd scheduling.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's still available because it was over-saturated. stores kept ordering more and more and then the demand slowed down, and they didnt slow their orders in response. my local meijers still brings out fresh cases of vector prime and crumplezone.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's an awesome toy line. I own every mold and about 90% of the decos put out in that series. The toys are detailed, poseable, and largely unhindered by gimmicks and the SFX (though some are quite bad). Even the "weak" molds have their quirks - there's a certain charm about Backstop and Overhaul.

The show may not be the best - some events got too drawn out - but the line gave us some of the most impressive and fun toys ever. Probably the best of the trilogy shows as far as line-wide gimmicks went.

6. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

I really like the Cybertron toy line. I bought the entire first wave at the same time. It is true that some of the toys were not that great (Thundercracker) but the majority of the were really good.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    With the movie toys selling like hot cakes (deluxes anyways) stores are figuring that any transformers toy will sell... sadly if they really wanted to move all this back stock of alts, classics and cybertron, they would have left them at the clearance price they were a few months ago.

To reiterate the point others have already made, no the Cybertron line didn't suck, stores were just plagued with quantites stock when the line ended and they are now trying to move (see first point).

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every cybertron mold I have I love to death.

Backstop is one of my favorites.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron was totally awesome dude.

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    The show was a giant turd...they toys however are pretty exceptional. My favorites Being Galaxy Prime, Excellion, Scrapmetal, Skywarp, and Megatron/Galvatron. If you slap a Classics Grimlock head on Demolisher it makes a great WWI Grimlock.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Cybertron line has standouts in every size class, its pretty much the best line Hasbro have put out to date. Classics doesn't quite match up because a) its a smaller line, and b) the figures themselves are smaller.

Standouts for me include Soundwave, Landmine, Cybertron Defense Hot Shot, Excillion and Optimus Prime. Also, the Cybertron line introduced to us the Legends size toys, which are mostly all great little figures.

12. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I love Cybertron/GF one of the best lines after G1.

13. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    I didn't like it much at first, but its growing on me. I bought Downshift (Wheeljack) the other night, and I'm a big fan. And Vector Prime is amazing. I really wish I'd picked up Soundwave now, but hopefully the Wal-Mart restock will bring him around.

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

It's pretty good. There are some glaring weaknesses at every class level, i.e. mudflap, cd red alert, vector prime, the few whack basics, etc. I like it a lot better than Armada and Energon, so it is the best full scale line of the 21st century IMO. The cybertron key gimmicks sucked though and most of them didn't have a place to put the key on the figure.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TERRIFIC line, and the Galaxy Force cartoon is light years beyond the American dub. Track that down if you can.

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Agreed - Galaxy Force kicks Cybertron's faceplate in!

And I'm surprised there isn't more mention of the Autovolt/Crosswise mould - I got the Smokescreen re-deco, and it's one of the best TF car models ever made.

(And I loved how you can use the interactive paint scheme guide on the Bugatti site to make a Veyron match his colours!)

Well, except that it's just a little awkward to transform him back into vehicle mode...

Noisemaze/Sideways is also fairly cool, but Soundwave is a bit fiddly for me.

And the Hybrid Series THS-01 Galaxy Convoy is small, yet perfectly formed! (Well, aside from the fiddly joints on the cannons, which don't like staying straight when he's in vehicle mode... You can never win, eh?)

Gary

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think the line was pretty good for kids and such, but some of the figs sucked. Didn't really pay attention to the line, I just wanted Prime and WS. I didn't like the line too much, though, they seemed like wannabees to me

18. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    At first I wasn't impressed with the toys nor did I have interest in them... but when CN launched the show and I could set personalites on the figures (toys) I was sold and then I went buying all the figures I liked - which is around 60 today.

19. KingForm

KingForm Banned

The Cybertron line is one of my favorites, ive got 5 Scrapmetals! (still looking for a blue one).

Its got strong figures at every class level although I think the Basics are some of the best of the line, especially the Hasbro exclusive Armorhide and Shortround. Evac is also one of the very strong molds in the toyline.

Never watched the show though, watched Galaxy Force and loved it though.

20. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking back at all the figures I bought from that line, I must have really liked it. Cybertron was a great line, with many outstanding Figures.