Did the Animated Forum had the same problems as the Prime forums have now?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I wouldn't think so.

There weren't threads asking if every female in the show was hot...

But what am I saying? That was only a year ago.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think TFA had the benefit of being out first and cancelled before it's time where as Prime appears to be a "rip-off" dissapointment in the eyes of the fandom.

That being said: Prime has the better Starscream, Arcee, Ratchet and human charecters but TFA's overall-ness is better than Prime. Though I'm enjoying Prime as much as I did with TFA.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    There were fewer fans back then, people chastised animated for the animation [which was its main gimmick] and a few human villain episodes.

No-one was that attached to any character back there are to spawn a small legion of avatars, sigs and whatnot, or jot down entire paragraphs defending every action said character took.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not in the least. Animated was controversial due to it's style, but the attitudes of the fans towards it, especially many younger users of the site, was completely different.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I remember there were threads about disliking aspects of it pre-release (the art style was a big one, wasn't a fan myself) and for the most part the hubub died by about midway season 2 I think. Then the place, very briefly, fucking imploded when the show and toys were percieved to be cancelled in place of Revenge of the Fallen, and considering the drumming its taken since 09, there's some pretty bad blood there still.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My response is connected to this. I stated this before, but I think there's a lot of expectations for Prime. After all, for the next few years this is the main continuity of Transformers. It is possible that the future of Transformers is somewhat riding on its shoulders.

I think this show cannot afford to be just a 'meh' or average. Its supposed to be great through and through, a worthy successor to what it replaced. With that much hinging on Prime's success, I think its normal for people to point out what they feel is lacking in the show.

As for Transformers Animated. It was a mixed bag, but I think a lot of people were quite positive of the show. It was in ways, surpassing expectations, IMO.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Animated followed on the heels of the wonderful Teen Titans and had a nice sharing of optimistic fans. Prime is mired deep in the brony/reddit generation so it's smothered in repulsiveness

8. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    So your saying this generation right now sucks?

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware the success of another show and some website I've never heard of were channeling waves at the team of Prime's writers to cause its fluctuating quality.

Does it work the same way as Scott wishing cancer on Terrence and Phillip or is it more like the influence of demons through the Fade in Dragon Age?

EDIT: I will agree that Teen Titans was awesome though.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He's talking about the forum content, not the content of the show.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The forum content is driven by the show content. The eternal case of Your Milage may Vary.

Prime sometimes cops a really unfair flogging from fellow MLP fans, but comparisons in the wake of success are inevitable, see all the threads comparing Dark of the Moon to Avengers.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I remember the Animated forum didn't have the same reputation that the Prime forum does now. Certainly the show itself was a fairly divisive thing amongst the fandom, but the forum itself was nowhere nearly as badly regarded as the Prime forum is now.

:lol 

13. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I can't really speak for the reddit part, but I THINK I'm with ya on the Brony thing, lol.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Hey now there's still optimistic fans in the Prime forum. They're just overshadowed by the people who go crazy with the priase/complaints. It's like saying that all G1 fans are Geewunners when it's only really a bunch of them are Geewunners.

All TF fanbases has it's share of Optimistic and pessimistic fans. Animated was no different.

I do agree that Teen Titans was indeed an awesome show! :thumb 

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Imagine this site when Transformers Energon was out....woahnelly.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yikes!

I'm guessing the complaints back then are enough to make the complaints on the Prime forums seem tame in comparison!

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No. Prime forum is easily the worst we've ever had.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, it's neck and neck with the Movie forum, imo. That place gets pretty dicey as well.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:

At least it's not full of TF4 and random plothole threads.
    EDIT:
    Oh, and the weekly fanrage and those threads that serve as fronts for showing sexu- I mean appreciations threads are amusing.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    But what if some of the dissapontments are really just subjective and not really facts? I mean not every is correct when they make a complaint like how some people who love it don't see what's wrong with it. From what I've ehard so far it's doing great with a lot of people young and old so I don't think we have to worry about the future of the franchise anytime soon.

I just personally think that many of the fans are perhaps expecting too much out of the show and are just being nitpicky with a lot of things. I may be totally wrong and being a white knight but I thinking having too much expectations just ruins the experence and take a show like Prime way too seriously.

Personally I think it's a worthy succesor even though I expect a lot of people to disagree with me compeltely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.