Did the Animated Forum had the same problems as the Prime forums have now?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Lately the Prime forums getting to be out of hands with over the top fights about opinons,insults,gross threads and dissapointments with the show in general.

I've heard that Animated had a simler problem when it was airing years ago. If so was it the same level,not as much,or different?

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If Animated was hated more, would you feel better about Prime?

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No.

I don't want Animated to be hated more for Prime's sake. I was just wondering if Animated had the same kind of situation Prime has right now since I only joined last year.

4. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Is Prime gonna get a backdraft of love and cries of "Killed before it's time" once it ends is my question.

5. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He didn't seem to imply that at all.. I was curious about the same thing.

6. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated did have it's fair share of haters but I'm not sure if it was to the same degree as the rift between fans and haters of Prime. I joined this site around the 3rd season of Animated so I didn't really see so many hater threads as much as lamenting that the show was over.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I have a feeling much of the bile and vitriol in the Prime forum comes from a select few that know how to stir up and rile up the white knights. It happens every week, and just snowballs into utter silliness with each new episode.

If you like the show, like the show. Give your reasons why, then bug out. Don't get drawn down to the trolls' level.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I beleive it has the average reaction fans give to a new series. Some like it, some don't.
    What I'm wondering is, were the topics as strange? Were there any like...

Will Blitzwing die?
    Is Optimus's axe sexy?
    An Essay on Why Sari/Bumblebee is inevitable.
    Lamest show ever!
    Sari should die! With enough votes we can do it!

That is what I want to know. Has the fanbase always been this crazy?

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Could have fooled me considering how much you compare them.

So people who dislike the show are trolls, then? Classy, chap.

Honestly no. I can safely say there were nowhere near as many threads about sexualising the robots during Animated as there are now. Here's the actual forum for anyone who wants to get caught up on their history. A lot of discussion was about in-show plot elements, characters, and near the end it was largely about DVD releases and continuations.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. You've stated your reasons for disliking the show, which are usually presented in a rational state. But, without naming names, there are some who like to troll young master kaijuguy here because they know he'll come running out to defend Prime and Arcee, as will others.

Not everyone is going to like the show, I know that. The trolling is just getting out of control in that place.

13. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Goddammit, even conversations about the Prime forum end up fucked. Guys, we've gotta pull the hell together and change our face in the Prime Forum. Even if it means being milder with how we voice our opinions and not responding to people opposite our viewpoint. It's out of control, and I can't even tell why. I had a damn bucolic view of Prime before I came on these boards, and a lot of people came out of the blue to tell me paradise doesn't really exist—at least, not on the Internet.

I never flip out, but it's getting seriously ridiculous.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I've decided to let the haters hate and enjoy my show. I don't have any major problems with the show. In fact I actually like it a lot. It's the same 6 people who bitch about everything and every poll posted on this site shows a huge majority of people actually really like as well.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    How many times are you going to ask this?

If I recall correctly, this is at least the third time you've asked this question.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I would have to say I more or less feel the same way, although a couple of the show's minor or medium-sized problems have been repeated over and over in the same spot enough times to cause minor inflammation and some irritation.

I kind of fluctuate between optimism that the show could suddenly get drastically better at any moment, the way TFA unexpectedly did (and TFP teased us with towards the end of season 1), and thinking that right now might be as good as it ever gets and just enjoy it for what it is.

Once in a while, I'll get pissed off at the show, but it never lasts long. I vent, and then I go back to enjoying it.

17. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

This is pretty much how I am. I believe every show has its flaws and have no problem pointing them out when asked, but I still feel overall enjoyment of the series. I find it odd that so many people think there's just 'perfect' and 'horrible- why are you watching this'; sometimes a show is just good.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if this ends up being a stupid question, but is there a TFW archive list for stuff like this available, or is that just a supporters thing? I'm guessing its not the latter (otherwise I'd expect the content itself to be hidden), but I thought I'd ask.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't remember it being as bad. Maybe since Prime has some connections and designs that are BayFormery it's gained some friction from people on both sides of the movie fence.
    I know Animated started out with a huge number of people against it because of the shift to the really cartoony designs, but for many the quality of the show won them over. I was one of those people and I'm really hard to get my opinions on anything changed. TFP seems rather Marmite, where people are either really like it or really don't, with very few people in between, unless you count what I call the 'Meh-ers' who watch it and feel indifferent. To them it's not really good or bad, it's just... a show.
    Maybe people that didn't like the Bay designs liked the shift away from the movie look which Animated offered. They weren't the boxy old traditional designs but they weren't scrapheap insectformers either. TFP is like BayFormers shagged Animated and the resulting babies from that coupling have thrown people into turmoil. It's not that they like or hate the designs or nature of the show, but that the mixture confuses them in some way. They might not even be aware of it and it's manifesting itself as a general dislike for the show overall.

Personally I'm a Meh-er. I watch the show and it's okay enough but it rarely impresses me. It's not enough for me to bash it but it's also not enough for me to enthuse about it.
    Does that make for a better or worse TFP forum? Well, I guess the evidence shows worse. It's probably not that people hate the show, I think it's more that people are disappointed with it. They feel it could do so much better with what they've got there. I suppose the movie forum is kinda the same, but with more actual hate. :p 
    But then there are also the seemingly damaged people that think every character in TFP should be loving up very other character and at the slightest hint of a scratch that a character should die. For the most part I think the movie forum, and the Animated forum, avoided that.

There - that should give people some things to think about. Come at me, bro?

20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember right, the negative fan reactions around Animated all were more centralized at the lead-up and early stages. People disliked the art-style, people disliking human villains, etc. Prime's fandom, on the other hand, seemed to have a decent reception at first, but has been building in frustration and disappointment as it runs longer.

Animated started in a way some didn't like but went in a direction they preferred eventually. Prime started out alright but isn't going where some people want it to go.

It's a bit of apples and oranges, different types of hatedom, but still the same in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.