Did Razorclaw found the BW era Predacons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

His Timelines toy bio seems to suggest so and so does the BW prequel comic Dawn of Future's Past. Basically they say after the Great War Razorclaw formed his own faction, The Predacons, and started a new war and was on the verge of defeating the Autobots/Maximals before he was betrayed and assassinated by the Tripredacus Council, but was this ever made canon? I always assumed the Tripredacus Council were the original Predacon founders in the cartoon... The way they were portrayed all shadey and mysterious.

Was Razorclaw ever mentioned in the show? I haven't watched it in so long it's hard to remember.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, he wasn't mentioned in the show. It's never been fully explored, but most sources that delve into it, like the Timelines story, or IDW's BW comics, at least suggest that the BW Predacons in SOME way grew out of the G1 Predacons.

(Of course, when you ask if it was made "canon", the answer is yes, because it was canon as soon as it was an official, published source.)

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm all for anything that joins the dots between G1 and Beast Wars.

4. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Hmmm yeah I had a feeling most of it has been written in to BW lore retrospectively, but I guess it's a nice way to flesh out the links between G1 and BW that little bit more.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

why did the tripredicus council off razorclaw anyway

hell the guy practically won the war for the predacons as a faction from the sounds of it

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Probably like Starscream, they just wanted the power of leadership.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Retroactive as the idea may be, it's a delicious fit - the Tripredacus Council's tactic of "wait in secret for the opportunity to present itself" is Razorclaw's own preferred method of operation, per his original bio.

8. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Let me give you my answer: Maybe.
    The way I see it, Razorclaw's Predacons went their own way near the end of the war, and after its end, eventually many of the Decepticons followed suit. The Tripredacus Council likely overthrew an initial parliamentary government run by the original 5 Predacons.
    To answer someone's follow-up question, the Razorclaw and Rampage from Beast Wars share nothing in common with their G1 predecessors.

9. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I like to think so. It makes sense.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I like to think that the G1 Predacons split away from the Decepticons, and created their own 'faction'. Or, the fact that the BW Predacons are animals and the G1 ones were the creators just wanted to reference G1.

11. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Well, even in the G1 cartoon the Predacons seemed to have no real "master". They seemed to work for whoever they wanted as they were seen to work for both the Decepticons and the Quintessons.
    Hell, since the same is true for the Terrorcons, maybe they went with the Preds when they split.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never been a fan of this concept. I loved the idea that the Beast Era was so far removed from the Great War that it was legend almost. I would have had preferred they be entirely new generations. It was a huge deal when a former Decepticon appeared.

I don't know, I'd just prefer them to have a unique origin.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You know let's pretend he did.

Maybe they also got Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Overkill, Ravage, Slugfest, the Montsructor and hell Deathsarus on board, Well i know Deathsarus on board with the preds.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe Razorclaw wrote his own bio. :) 

"Dude, I had totally won like, EVERYTHING, but THOSE lame-o jerks screwed it up!"

Always found it funny that 'modern' preds that share names with the G1 preds all happen to be crabs. Though considering the 'named after past heroes' trend/explanation in Beast Wars, it might give some credibility to the idea that the G1 Predacons were the founders.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    razorclaw and the other predacons did not lay down their arms...where and what they were doing when the great surrender occurred has never been documented, then according to the story put out by FP divebomb approached and got buzzsaw, laserbeak and ravage to have their bodies re-formatted into predacon frames/tech...

seeing how the G1 predacon sub-group were...i would be surprised if any of the decepticon combiners would accept a formal surrender and the laying down of arms and restrictions/reparations that a formal surrender document and treaty (the hated maximal victory )spoken about by Beast wars Megatron would have entailed.

Your basically looking at the Autobots/ then maximals having their foot firmly on the decepticons/predacons neck for the indefinite future...

I could not see any decepticon except G1 Octane accepting this....all the others wanted the destruction of the Autobots and total and utter control of cybertron.

16. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I don't know that I agree with that. I think they wanted to control Cybertron but they are not idiots. If clearly the war is lost and there is no way to continue the fight. I think that there are many Decepticons that would chose life and the chance to maybe fight another day rather than death.
    Also I am not sure that every Decpticon was fully committed to the cause. I think the Decepticons attracted people who just didn't like the Autobot way of life.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    look at five faces of darkness...the decepticons retreated to charr...no energon left basically and still they were willing to fight on and not call it quits...although the showing up of bat shit insane galvatron started to make some question the choice of fighting on....

when you are fighting a war for millions of years...surrender really becomes meaningless....otherwise they would have done it long ago...or just quit the war and walked away.

18. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

I personally think that the episode "call of the primitives" has something to do with it.or at least I would write it into the storyline to fit into it , after all,all the animal tfs were called for something that could have evolved into the bw's..just a thought..

19. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think we might be putting more thought into this than the writers themselves did. For what it's worth, I have my own preferred interpretation of the Predacons, and my version does not make many inferences not explicitly stated in the show.

I forget exactly how many years BW takes place after G1, but I remember it being a fairly long time. The time is enough so that G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron are legends, not contemporaries, so Optimus Primal would think of Optimus Prime like we think of Abraham Lincoln. Therefore, perhaps the BW Predacons named themselves after the G1 Predacons much in the same way that (I'm making this up) a rival army could choose to name itself the Confederate Forces today. It doesn't mean the current Confederate Forces are descendants of the 1880s Confederates, although it certainly is possible that there are some descendants in there.

Therefore, my interpretation (which I think makes a lot of sense) is that the BW Predacon faction named itself after the G1 Predacons, perhaps because of admiration. I'm sure some descendants of the G1 Predacons likely joined this faction, but (to continue my example) today's descendants of Confederate soldiers are not necessarily interested in cessation. Therefore, so much time has passed from G1 to BW that many G1 Predacon descendants could probably be happily doing jobs that have nothing to do with G1 Razorclaw or BW Megatron's rebellion.

Who knows? BW Megatron might be a direct descendant of G1 Razorclaw, or he could be an indirect descendant of G1 Wheelie. Megatron never mentions the G1 Predacons or Razorclaw, and he constantly refers to G1 Megatron as "my namesake" and clearly admires G1 Megatron, so it makes sense that the BW Predacons are linked to the G1 Predacons (and Decepticons) through philosophy, and not because of any blood descent. So much time has passed, I believe it's as inconsequential as if you found out you are directly related to some famous soldier of the Confederate Army. There are BW and G1 characters named Inferno, Thrust, etc, but it could be that these are common names. E.g. I'm sure there is a US soldier right now named Jim Smith, just like there was probably a Confederate soldier named Jim Smith.

20. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lord I like the way you think. The only thing I dislike it is the idea of bots being descendant from other bots. They don't reproduce that way so I don't like the analogy. The aerial bots never considered Optimus to be their father even though he built them.

But mentors are certainly possible. I could see the founders of the Predacon movement looking to the name because of the fear the G1 Preds caused. So they took the name to instill the same fear in their enemies.