Did Megatron Move the Space Bridge?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by megapork, Apr 11, 2012.

1. megapork

megapork Cheese

Well Since the bots didnt blow it up this time, And Megatron isnt a big enough idiot to let a valuable asset be destroyed or taken adventage of by the enemy especially when it's location is compromised. Do you think Megatron Moved the space bridge?

2. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I apprehend to think, that the Bridge was at the same level, as all Earth's artifacts.

3. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He probably did, but I wouldn't be surprised if it appears again in the same spot in a later episode.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...Megatron's basically Cybertron's last jock with his home's last Letterman jacket. From what we've seen of him so far, he's not much of a leader or planner—what's his plan again (not the hunt down and destroy nerdy Autobots, but his plans on Earth)? All we've ever see him do really is bully better than any other soldier under his command ever could:/

That said, I doubt Megatron moved the Space Bridge—the site had been compromised. It would have been far easier and safer to destroy it than to disassemble it and rebuild somewhere else again.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron's a brilliant tactician and incredibly capable warrior. You need bothe to be a leader.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Warrior? yes. Tactician? no. He's too much of a gladiator. Too prideful of his strength. How often does he do stuff on his own. That is what makes it so hard to believe he's the leader. He never leads. He's too obsessed about how capable he is as a gladiator to ever get help. The Autobots wouldn't even have a leader if he wasn't too prideful take someone with him to stop the Autobots from using the key to Vector Sigma.

He can plot and scheme but he doesn't know how to carry out the plots. I wouldn't call someone a brilliant tactician just for making plots. Starscream does that but nobody calls him a brilliant tactician.

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    He was a brilliant tactician in large-scale wartime is what I meant. Perhaps this new environment is foreign, so he must regress to a gladiator state.

8. Kin

Kin Active Member

Megatron is a pretty intelligent character. If not he'd not have gained such an upper hand over the Autobots who are clearly struggling with resources on Earth. So perhaps he's more of a two-steps-ahead kinda guy and not the full blown chess master people seem to think a leader should be. A leader doesn't necessarily need to be the most tactful individual in the group, he some times just needs the personality that has others follow him.

9. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I feel like almost everything that Megatron has, have been brought by StarScream and, probably, SoundWave.

10. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

Either it's been relocated....But I think it's been fortified.

11. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Also, Megs has probably contracted a Feng Shui Consultant to have it harmonized.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I respectfully disagree.

We haven't seen Megatron do anything great or even note worthy. His conquest of Cybertron left the planet inhabitable--he ruined his home world; made every Cybertronian vagabonds. Cybertronians can't return home for what appears to be at least 4,000,000 years if G1's timeline is still relevant.

Megatron didn't win the war for Cybertron with his mind, but with his numbers and force--his victory, however, is rather shallow, considering he lost everything by winning.

The folks he kept in his company were gladiators like him, thus they made great soldiers. I'm sure they were a site to be seen on the battlefield, laying waste like no ones business at every turn.

The Autobots that stood up to him were what? Scholars, artisans and merchants? What they lacked in brawn they made up for with brains.

I'll say this of Megatron, however, he is learning. But he isn't a great leader/tyrant, not yet anyway. Until I see him do something on screen worth noting, I'm not giving him credit for greatness. What we saw of him in Crisscross was Megatron in his element, the Megatron that still is, Megatron the fighter.

Besides, when you look back at what he did in season one was pretty stupid. Who in their right mind would have done what he did once they Dark Energon in their possession? No matter the continuity, be it WFC or Transformers Prime, Megatron's actions with Dark Energon are pretty idiotic.

13. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    TFP Megatron has a list of stupid ideas that could rival Starscream's, only the latter has far less luck. If it wasn't for Soundwave Megatron would die in 'Masters and Students' and would probably never learn about Starscream's and Airachnid's treachery in later episodes. Thanks to Starscream the Nemesis is still in one piece and the Decepticons have the spacebridge technology (as far as I remember form the prequel comics).

So far in TFP Megatron's contribution to the Decepticon cause is wasting 3 years in space bringing a piece of rock that turned out to be easily found on Earth, destroying one of the biggest energon stockpiles, getting the Space Bridge blown into pieces, failing at being Unicrons Starscream and managing to get only one McGuffin out of 5, and the one that's pretty useless to him anyway. He helped to destroy Unicron thought.

The whole business with Unicron and Dark Energon, carelessly throwing away the lives of Breakdown and Dreadwing, demeaning Starscream after his return, then not letting him kill Prime and eventually not executing Starscream when he had the chance. The only time I recall him using tactical ways was while dealing with Orion Pax.

Megatron's strength lies in gladiatorial experience and skills of his subordinates. I wouldn't be surprised if he just ordered to destroy the Spacebrigde 2.0, since there is no Starscream around to tell him that it's a waste of resources.

14. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Funny, because it´s reminds me this:

Terry Pratchett: "It’s funny how the people have always respected the kind of commander who comes up with strategies like “I want fifty thousand of you chappies to rush at the enemy,” whereas the more thoughtful commanders who say things like “Why don’t we build a damn great wooden horse and then nip in at the back gate while they’re all round the thing waiting for us to come out” are considered only one step above common oiks and not the kind of person you’d lend money to.

This is because most of the first type of commander are brave men, whereas cowards make far better strategists. "

15. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Nice quote :thumb 

Can't say I fully agree with it though. There's a difference between bravery and mindlessly endangering yourself; just like using your brain doesn't mean you lack courage. Optimus Prime is the perfect combination: he would sneak into your house inside a wooden horse and then bravely take your face.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Move Optimus is not to be messed with. If the Decepticons still exist, I hope they've figured this out.

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    This has become the "Dippy Megatron" thread. Discuss.

In any case, I've had my eyes opened. It's true that Megatron is brawny, but I'm not yet ready to believe he's not smart tactically. However, as tacticians go, and following that quote, there's no better planner than Starscream.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope they show in charge, doing things that build up to something great. Drunk on power Megatron is dated, he needs to evolve into something better.