did megatron get braindamaged?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 3, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when optimus broke his right arm and blasted megatron in the face with his own fusion cannon

when it comes to the open wounds megatron has allowed them to fester over time between rotf and dotm with the wounds being left open and the damsage being entirely unhealed and rotting with rust as well through the face and the head when it comes to the damage megatron took at the end of revenge of the fallen

just my thoughts but i think megatron actually has some kind of internal brain/processor damage with his head and face leaking energon fluid in certain scenes and with those cyberthigns crawling around in his head

2. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I believe he did. The way he was yelling at animals in Africa, the way he let sentinel bitchslap him, the way in the alley he seemed like he is just sitting there talking to himself, made me think he isnt all there mentally. I really felt sorrow for him. I think he lost confidence in himself as well, Carly didnt so much goad him but give him his "spark" back(a reason to fight), misplaced as it may be. Thats how i see it.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He never had that much of sanity to begin with, so the shot probably only made him worse.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    The mini-Scalpels (Scalplets?) crawling around inside his head were adorable!

It must have taken something out of him, especially when he was just sat there watching Cybertron materialise in orbit. I thought that was kind of touching, all his dreams coming true, but him not really being involved in it, and it took Carly to rile him up and snap him out of it and get back in the game.

5. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am starting to think transformers were not socially very advanced. How many scenes were a human easily able to pursued them to do something with just the power of suggestion?

Telling Soundwave not to take hostages. From that point on, his character was more like a morbid good than the brilliant soldier he was supposed to be. Same with Carly and Megs. I am sure there are more instances of this, but it seems that its not that hard to direct their thoughts.

But I agree, Megatron was a shadow of his former self. Even when he attacked Sentinel, he screamed he just wants to be in charge. Even the way it was worded, he came off petty and weak. It was not even to his advantage strategically to save one of the Primes. If he waited till OP was dead, he could have still jumped Sentinel. This may have been the coolest he ever looked, but certainly not the most powerful. This does seem sort of strange considering the movie was based around his brillant plan to trick the autobots.

6. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

this
    when Megs was watching the sky, I was like... "is Megs in drugs?"

7. jntjr2005

jntjr2005 Member

Maybe if he had more then 20 seconds of screen time we could figure it out, i do like the idea of him loosing his sanity

8. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

It would have been an interesting plotline for them to examine, but probably would have added another complexity to the story that couldn't be explained with much depth due to time constraints.

9. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I think the Scalplets crawling in Megatron's head weren't from an infected wound, but rather trying to repair the damage.

He just gets so annoyed by them taht he's constantly squishing them.

10. ShokWave 44

ShokWave 44 Active Member

I agree, thats what they seemed to be doing. I kind of wished starscream would have said somthing like "Master, stop picking at the things, theyre trying to fix you" or somthing along those lines and then have megatron tell him to shut up and have him squish another.

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I don't know why but that scene had me laughing the most. :lol 

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

When Megatron arrived into Africa, I imagined an epic twist to The Lion King.

13. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

The way Carly used reverse psychology on him was really good, but he was a broken bot. But his plan was absolutely excellent. In fact, his plan practically drove the whole movie, so they still were able to keep Megatron the top dog without him even being there much!!!

14. captain america

captain america Well-Known Member

I suspect that this was intentionally depicted in the film to show that Megatron is a left-brained creature; the loss of right-brained functionality (and the loss of which doesn't affect Megs) is symbolic.

15. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

yep. though i personally only counted 18 seconds.

16. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

"Cybertron you are finally saved" I don't care what anybody says, this was one of the best lines in the entire trilogy. Seeing him just sitting there looking up at Cybertron, this was a really emotional scene for me. It's almost as if Megatron's goal had been accomplished and he no longer had the will to fight.

17. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes he did i would love to know how he got a new alt mode but cant have a full head? he went from a flying tank to a tractor trailer so they didnt have enough parts for his head?

18. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

"all... hail... MEGATRON!"

*elephants n zebras shuffle uncomfortably*

WHAT IS THE POINT

19. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

the decepticons really neeeded a bigger medic like flatline...I dont think scalpel and scaplets (ooh they are a band) are very effective medics with bots the size of the decepticons.

20. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

To me it shows he cant identify them as animals, he thinks he has approached a group of his loyal subjects. He is like an old man who is reliving events in his head that dont really connect to his surroundings.....brain damage....neurons are firing wrong or not at all. It could also show that his personality was hard-programmed to be a ruler...he cant be any other way even if he wanted to, he cant really even "want" to because its not in his programming.

Input=lifeforms Response/output= Rule them

It could also show that he is dying. His body isnt healing or rebuilding. This happens to people on their way out.