Did M3 sour you on FansProject?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Just bought Prometheus and Wb-03. I already own toyworld dinobots, Poseidon, Ordin, Nero Rex, and UW Devy. Decided I'll go with Havoc instead of M3. Hades no thanks and Uranos looks horrible to me. Throttlebots no interest. I will be keeping my UW Bruticus, Computron, Superion, as well as Liokaiser and Victorion. That should be more than enough to keep my combiner collection on hold and my wife will like what I get. But eventually my collection has to stop.

Back on topic, M3 is awesome looking. But I need one of my Stunticons sports cars to have those 6 wheels for some accuracy. But I hope the M3 owners continue to love him!

2. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Well-Known Member

M3 is a great version of menasor. Can't imagine ever selling it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks wise, one of my favorite combiners. Transforming....yeah, don't really do that anymore with him. ;) 

20140207_054203.jpg

4. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

No. Absolutely not. I really like the M3 set

What soured me was that they started making characters that I know nothing about.

5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

Its a shame they never did a repaint of this besides that single G2 repaint that was a con exclusive anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm completely done with Fansproject and Maketoys. The Menasor set was definitely part of what pushed me away from FP, but the Dinobots were part of it too. Quantron pushed me away from Maketoys.

I just decided I don't like the overly-intricate, complicated-for-complicated's-sake approach of both of those companies. I like fun transformation tricks, but I feel like the best transformations have an elegant simplicity; these figures started just becoming a chore.

I also got tired if their anime-ish face sculpts and general aesthetic, which all started getting insipidly samey and started feeling less like the Transformers aesthetic to me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ignore MT's combiners; they were designed by the same guy that did M3. Maketoys other stuff isn't like that, though, and their Cross Dimension and Re:Mastered lines have been really good. Heck, MT's RM Megatron is probably the MP Megatron that's the least complicated.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    M3 didn't sour me on FP (it actually made me like them more somewhat at that time). FP soured me on FP. They've taken the stance of taking tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to release figures and that infernal fucking vow of silence of theirs will be the death of the company.

On that note, I still love my M3 set, as well as Quantron and MT's Defensor. I hope they continue down the line by making the Aerialbots and Combaticons.

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Thy Holy Scale Chart needs to be seen in its original, untainted form, as provided unto the fandom from on high:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:lol 

11. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

M3? Sour me on FansProject? No! They've just not been putting out anything I really want as of late, though I still want to get my hands on UUUU. (their Weirdwolf) Lost Exo Realm? Nah, I prefer Fans Toys' Iron Dibots, and don't really care for the girl mold in either flavor. (maybe if they actually used more of the dino parts otherwise just left to hang off them I'd feel different) Ryu-Oh? Meh.

Though I can't help but wonder if one of the grand-daddies of the 3P market is on its way out. They've not really kept with the times, Titans Return pretty much stole Function-X's thunder with good Headmaster toys at a much cheaper price, and while I can understand opting for Dinoking over Monstructor, I don't think Ryu-Oh sold like hotcakes as FP's stuff used to. Maybe they're just trying to finish getting out everything they've said they'll do before fully shifting over to Maketoys?

Or maybe that's what they want us to think so when they announce a bunch of new stuff we'll all go crazy over it before they slip back into the shadows? Who knows?

• Like Like x 1