Did I miss something?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aledromo, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Hahaha..

With Scourge/Black Convoy popular again I hope reprolables decides to mace replacement labels again for that figure. Chrome ones.. My Scourge needs them.

2. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I wonder though, if Takara were to do such a recolor, would they call it Black Convoy as the original toy, or Scourge like they did for their black recolor of Armada Prime?

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    RiD Scourge rocks and the Laser Prime repaint is simply the best toy ever.

Go and buy one man.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If only the new G2 Prime wasn't so Movieverse, I'd be totally stoked for a Nemesis Prime repaint. However, it's hard for me to generate excitement for a mold that needs a 3rd party kit to become passable.

5. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

ohhh.
    Time to support Landcross.
    Just as I support both Eroctor and Scourge. :p 

Theory Poven:lol 

6. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

Whatever the case, RiD Scourge was easily my favorite toy in the entire line. He's big, blocky, articulated, and chock full of awesome accessories and weapons. The chromeglorious tanker trailer is a thing of eye-shattering beauty. I actually skipped buying the RTS G2 Prime in the hopes that a Scourge repaint will be on the horizon. I really don't care what they name him though. "Nemesis Prime" seems like the most sensible way to go from Hasbro's standpoint. But on my shelf he will be known as Scourge.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Hey, I've always loved Landcross! I'd support a campaign for him!

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I just think it's naive to think that Hasbro would reuse the Scourge name this soon after releasing Generations Scourge, an altogether different character. Yes, you and I would know the difference, but they don't market for us. They throw us nods where they can.

But I don't think he'll be Nemesis Prime, either. I don't think anyone's unhappy with the Nemesis Prime we already have. I definitely think he'll be named Motormaster (or some trademark-happy version thereof), with some nods to RID Scourge in his bio. He'll probably be decoed mostly like scourge even (although I expect Motormaster-purple windows). It's not even like the name "Scourge" is in any way derived from his original Japanese name.

And for the most part, that's a good thing. I don't want the eventual Motormaster to be a black Optimus with windows on his chest like most customs and the recent Botcom set depict him as. He doesn't have to retain the same scale-mangling transformation sequence G1 Motormaster had, but it needs to be distinctly different from G1 Optimus/Magnus/Nemesis.