Did I miss part of the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bradinmo, Jun 30, 2011.

1. bradinmo

bradinmo Well-Known Member

I saw DOTM yesterday in IMAX 3D. At the point where Megatron and Sentinel are taking over Chicago, they say something to the effect of "Surround the city." Then there seemed like there was a rough cut or jump in the film we saw some shot windows explode and then another possible rough cut and it was suddenly night time in the city and decepticon ships were everywhere blowing stuff up.
    It really seemed like several minutes of film were missing. First, the city was basically empty and then is was swarming with ships. We never really saw their arrival.
    Did I miss something?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    By any chance did you miss Sam and Epps picking up the others?

3. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

Well, for the part where Chicago's like empty and then there is a black screen, and then the full-on invasion, you didn't miss anything there. Not sure why Bay did that but whatever.

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yeah that was a bit of a jarring transition.

5. lewisking

lewisking Active Member

News Credits:
    it was jarring, but I felt it worked well. Coupled with the score, that was one of the most impressive changes in the film. I loved the black outs Bay put in throughout. Like when Lazerbeak attacked the house, it went black and you heard him say "Is you daddy home?" FREAKY!

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    It was kind of lazy, but it worked well. The scope of the movie was already so huge that it was forgivable. Seeing the space bridge in action in the D.C. scene kind of explained it anyway, so it's all good.

7. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I though it was cool! Empty Chicago, black screen, then BAM full on invasion