Did I make the right choice?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, Generations has been a little... scarce? To say the least. This being said, I decided that going to the Toys R Us, located right by my new home. So, I go in. I am asked, "Hello sir, digging the rad shirt. Can I help you with anything?" I reply with, "Uh, yes please. Can you point me into the direction of some robots that shift some shapes?" and she gladly pointed me in the direction of the Transformers, so I dodged some more over payed Toys R Us Employees who where doing nothing cept' debating Starwars Kevin Smith style. So, I finally reach my final destination. There they are, Animated Rodimus Minor, and Thunderwing. Animated Rodimus, was set up for $14.99, Generations Thunderwing. The natural $11.99, so with tax the figures where going to be outrageous, Together it added up to about $35.90. I just didn't have that kind of money, so I had to cast one of the figures aside. Now, I had the choice. An exclusive figure, I would probably never see again, or a figure I had been hunting for for months... who just happened to be a little cheaper...

Well, I made the choice of Thunderwing, and left. Followed by a Trip to the the Walmart way on the other side of town because my Mom needed a few things for the garden... Whatever. So I decided. "I am never here... I might as well look at the robots in disguise." and I do so... and low and behold. Generations, all hidden behind HFTD I might add. But they where there... for 9.88, plus tax. Minus Walmart discount...

So, did I make the right decision getting Thunderwing? Or should I have gotten Rodimus?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    you should have gotten me that Rodimus

xD

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Personally I would have gotten Rodimus Minor, but that's because I'm a TFA collector and he's not available in my country. But if Thunderwing was a figure you'd wanted for a little while, then I think you made the right choice going for him.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    You can't go wrong with either. Enjoy that Thunderwing. He's pretty badass.

5. TheDemonDzko

Thing is, I am actually really disappointed in him, especially getting Blurr in the same night...

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Yeah he's a simple toy. But I like him.

But if that's the case you would have LOVED animated Rodimus. I'm not too much of an Animated fan but Rodimus is a great figure. And the transformation satisfies...

Maybe you should return Thunderwing..

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Welp, there's your answer apparently... you made the wrong choice. Thread over.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you'll get another shot at rodimus. that 14.99 price for an animated deluxe has him and ironhide still nicely warming shelves out in my area.

just depends what's being stocked in your area. if generations are scarce, I would have done the same and grabbed rodimus another week.

9. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Thunderwing was the correct choice.

10. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

If you don't like him, return him. That's why I don't order online much. I like to be able to take the figure back if he is underwhelming.

11. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

if i were you i'd get choose the exclusive overthe not-exclusive any day. just because.

12. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I decided to sell my Animated stuff (except Soundwave, because it's Soundwave), but Rod was probably one of my favorites from that line. It's a pretty good figure.

Animated Rodimus isn't going to fly off the shelves anytime soon. It'll be there the next time you're around TRU. Or if money is tight, it'll still be there in a month, so you should have plenty of time to save $15.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would've gotten Rodimus.

Well, I would've returned Thunderwing for a full refund and gotten Rodimus, then go back later when I had the money and grab one of those cheap TW's. However, this is what I would have done.

Like others have said, you'll find him again though.

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Both are good. I'm an animated nut so I would have gone with Rodimus, but don't feel too bad. He's pegwarming here and probably elsewhere for some time. My TRU has about 20 of them stacked on a riser and 3-4 on the pegs.

15. TheDemonDzko

True, My TRU had about 27 of them... I guess I am just worried that for some reason DOTM is going to make the other transformers null and void.

16. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Rodimus is nice but NOT worth what TRU has jacked him to, around here they bumped him to $18. He'll be around a long time at that rate so you might as well wait for it to go on sale, even if he vanishes from your TRU someone else should be able to find it for you.