Did I make an ok deal ?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SureShot90, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
  2. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I think 99% it's a KO. Sorry to tell you.

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really? The inclusion of a fairly rare reflector white shipping box and a decoder and instruction booklet make it seem legit.

Sure you could just buy up that extra stuff and put it in a lot but when you've got a KO reflector why not just shill what you've got and see how much you can get for it without the hassle of adding on more stuff?

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    The bootleg comes both in a white shipping box and includes bootleg instructions. Obtaining a decoder would be the only added part.

If it's legit, it's a fantastic deal.

From the pics, I don't think there's enough info to tell if it's fake. The face of bootleg instructions, missile color, and as someone pointed out a couple weeks ago, some minor molding differences can identify a bootleg. None of these are visible from those pictures. If you're still concerned about authenticity after your receive it, post some pics and I'm sure we'll be able sort it out.

EDIT: on second thought, after reviewing the sellers current and past auctions, it's probably a bootleg. Almost all of the sellers G1 accessory and figure auctions are bootlegs.

5. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What i find weird is , the box is crushed , the instructions wrinkled but the foma tray is perfect without a dent.. It wouldnt be the first time a KO seller bangs up the box and paper work to make it look old.. Im leaning towards a KO on this one , i really hope its not one but something seems fishy...

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Bootleg, for the reasons already mentioned (i.e. look at the seller's past auctions, all bootleg parts, and how is the foam perfect when the other stuff has been roughed up, which is becoming a common way for sellers to make these look old, also things like taking the missiles off the sprue). Sorry dude.

And yeah the bootleg came with the lookalike box and instructions.

One way to tell if it's bootleg for absolute certain btw is to unscrew any of the 3 figures and look at the inside. The molding it TOTALLY different from an original (which proves btw that these are retro-molded and not made with old authentic molds). Credit to Wheeljaxx on that one.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Judging by his past auctions, I HIGHLY doubt this is an orignal

Here's an example:
    Transformers G1 1984 Insecticon Shrapnel W/Box - eBay (item 320341239869 end time Feb-17-09 12:45:00 PST)

The sharpnel in the boxed picture seems legit, now look at the rest of the pictures, why the boxed one doesn't have any stickers?

He also sold a C9 prime WITHOUT the box. And tons of accessories for prime. (So what do you guys think?)

Also, for boxed reflector, is the foam suppose to be rough on the edge on the orignal?

8. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I am sorry to tell you, but this is a KO I am 100% sure, another seller did the same trick the other day it is easy, you crush the box, put some dirt on it and throw the missile sprue away,tadaaaaaa! you have a real reflector??? NO!!! there are 2 right tights in spyglass(the blue robot) see the parting line from the molding process? both are on the left side of the tights, the original is not like this and the parting lin should be in the inner tight side for each leg.

As i always say, I am a KO lover but they must be acquired when you decide to and not by being fooled by ripoff sellers, this seller is a ripoff what a shame! contact him and tell him that is not an original figure and that you will report him.

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn, getting sick and tired of people ripping people off on ebay. All I can say is if it seems like a great deal.... well you know the rest. I am not trying to be a jerk or anything but ask around. There are a lot of members on the boards including myself that will take the time to help out. I've been collecting vintage and bootlegs for a long time. Gain from the experience of others. I would send it back and file a claim. Definately not vintage.

10. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

No, you made a ko deal.

Just tell the seller and report him or something.

11. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well i never knew of such a "HQ" knock off of Reflector, i only seen the "colour" full ones.
    But I thank you all for the heads up. I haven't paid for the item, and I've just contacted the seller:

Hello.
    I won this item, however I have been notified by fellow TF collectors that this isn't an original figure, but one of those knock off'.
    This can be seen because there are 2 right tights in spyglass(the blue robot) see the parting line from the molding process? both are on the left side of the tights, the original is not like this and the parting line should be in the inner tight side for each leg. This is how the original looks G1 Transformers mail-away REFLECTOR - SPYGLASS L Gen 1 - eBay (item 360126563806 end time Mar-24-09 23:21:58 PDT)
    I'm not interested in buying a knock off, and as per recent eBay policy selling knock off isn't allowed. Therefore I wish to cancel this purchase, and I won't go further with reporting it to eBay.
    Thank you.
    Regards.

Thank you once again now i know what to look for when looking at Reflector.

12. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    It's moot now, but I wouldn't have informed the seller of the leg molding problem. He clearly knows of some of the differences between a fake and an original and hides these facts in the auction (intentional angles and positions, removing and destroying boxes). The more he knows, the more he'll do to hide the flaws and fool future buyers.

Also, despite what you said in your message, I urge you to both report him to eBay and leave a negative reflecting his scam. The more people report him, especially his buyers, the quicker he'll be booted from eBay. He'll likely send a non-paying bidder dispute as an attempt to remove a negative feedback (seriously, leave one). Make sure to reply to it and clearly explain to eBay why you didn't pay.

13. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

You NEED to report this jerk. He went to a lot of trouble to try and rip you off. You're lucky you asked here - or you might have just paid for the item and been none the wiser.

He'll just re-list the item - get ebay on him right away. We don't need scum like this.

14. SureShot90

Ebay:
    I see your point - perhaps I'm too nice, but I gave her (seems to be a woman) the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know about this. I can't really accuse something of being a K.O and not backing up my statement... at least thats how I thought.

Anyhow I have reported it to eBay, I'd do it anyway. But I just wrote it to give the seller an "option", and not to encourge a non-paying-bidder claim.

However I did get a response from the seller:

Dear gripen90,

Hi, i m very sad to hear about its not 84's, and I have keep it long time as original to sell at a good price, and I have checked the picture you have given, and found no difference. Anyway we want to provide the best customer servcie to everyone, will cancle this transaction after 8 days,(paypal policy), thank you for letting me know before I posted out.

- anna19851117

Anyhow - no $$$ to this seller.

15. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also, 90% of Refelectors I saw before the bootleg had a shipping address and postage label one one side of the box, and usually damage to one end where the seals were broken

Something else to look out for

16. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

Speaking of Reflector...

He was obviously intended for a Mass USA release, as he is constantly in the cartoon. Does anyone know why he was never released other than mail order?

Too bad the only easy way to get him is a KO.

And some of these KO's are hard to spot.

17. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Well I can report back that whether or not the seller was aware of the fact it was K.O, she was very polite in our writing back and forth, and she with no problem accepted a cancellation of the purchase, so we totally skipped the "non-paying bidder" problems. She apologized for not being aware of it was a K.O. So I'm kinda leaning toward the fact she doesn't really know a lot about what she's selling. It may be her boyfriends/husbands etc. toys she's selling.

18. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

Dude, she's lying. I don't know why it's not obvious to you. From her feedback, about half her auctions (16) are bootleg figures and bootleg accessories. Nearly all the remaining other half are the Autobot & Decepticon stickers made by the same bootlegers as the other items (likely Zhong Jin).

She's playing nice and ignorant because she knows you have the upper hand that can ruin her feedback, likely out her as a scammer and kill her little side job. She knows exactly where & how she's getting these and is seriously doing a crappy job of covering her tracks, even though she attempts it by removing or damaging packaging to appear to be legit.

19. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

^ Agreed. Do us all a favor and report this jerk for trying to sell bootlegs. Getting people like this off ebay does everyone who collects a favor.

20. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    KO I agree and a excellent job banging things up to give a vitage feel, Dont be nice ruin her so thers do not get taken............