Did I just get shafted on shipping or what???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ace96, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I used to have a good dealer, but when I checked the shipping cost over the box ity was always like $5 or $8 more than the pirce he sent me. It really pissed me off.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It looks like he did overcharge you for shipping, and certainly enough so to be in violation of eBay's policies.
    But the fact is, he stated up front what he was charging for shipping and handling, so when you bid on the item, you need to take that price into account when you work out how much you're willing to spend.

Despite policies, quite a few sellers put a higher S&H charge on, to cover eBay and PayPal fees. Bearing in mind eBay charges a fee proportionate to the final selling price, the seller theoretically gets a much better deal selling the item for $5 and charging $20 shipping than if he sells it for $20 plus $5 shipping.

3. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ditto.

I've even received feedback that said
    and that is better than a few extra bucks for handling.

Treat buyers like you want to be treated, and I know as a buyer I do NOT want to pay inflated shipping prices.

4. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Thats true, but these items were separate and he basically combined shipping yet left me with the total of each individual item. The seller seems to have gotten quiet after I mentioned ebays policies.

Now let me tell you what happened today. Today I receive my mint sealed bubble G1 Mirage. I was charged $10.00. Shipping was a little over $6.00 and the box was beat up but when I open the box I find Mirage safely waiting in styrofoam chips and wrapped up in bubblewrap. Now that is how you package an item.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  5. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

So he shipped the two items together, but still charged you what it would have cost to ship them individually? Did either auction say anything about combining shipping costs? If so, then you may a legitimate reason to contact Ebay because that would be a breach of contract/deal. Otherwise I'm not sure you have any recourse. You can either drop the matter or turn over whatever documentation you have to Ebay and let them decide.

6. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

hey thanks! i can use this page to bully certain sellers, lol.

i've gotten used to the shipping and handling...i alwasy be sure to know total cost before i bid.

the annoying people are those folks that refuse to combine shipping and handling charges when you win multiple items for them. I wanted these two toys from hong kong so bad that i used BIN right away and ended up paying more for shipping than the figures.