Did I just get hosed!!!! ebay purchase for Abominus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mark94, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I was pretty excited when I picked this guy up for only $76 but now that I look at him, some of the colors are reversed and I think it might be a KO.

Another thing was that the seller didn't make mention to the Abominus name, just G1 Transformer lot.

If it is a KO, do I have a case not to pay for this since it wasn't labeled as a KO?

Thanks all, I'm pretty bummed right now with the thought that I might be stuck with a $86 (with shipping) KO.

transformers g1 lot - eBay (item 110291832700 end time Sep-28-08 13:39:23 PDT)

Mark

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's definately a KO, Sinnertwin should be yellow and Rippersnapper should be White. If memory serves the other limbs of the KO were fairly close to the G1 colors. So at worst the whole thing is a KO at best only two of the limbs are.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Gotta study up before you buy, mannn

4. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

DAMN... some of the weapons look to be of different colors too.

Should I contact the seller and ebay and explain that it was a KO and not advertised as one? Can I get out of this?

5. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

I agree with Motor Master. At least 2 of those Transformers are KO's. Probably all of them. And hell yeah I'm sure you have every right not to pay. The item is not as described therefore the seller has mislead you. Report his ass!

6. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    I don't think you'll have much of a leg to stand on. The seller didn't try to advertise it as an authentic G1 piece, mearly a "transformers G1 lot". Most likely the seller wasn't aware or didn't care that it was a KO and put it on Ebay anyways.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think you are screwed - nowhere in the description does it say anything about them being original or real. It's possible the person selling didn't even know they are KOs.

If I were you, I'd try for a partial refund - but I doubt they even have to give you that.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  8. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

I know, it's so vague it can go either way.

I'm going to email him first and see what he says...

9. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, he didnt say it was anything other than transformers, and they transform don't they? He didn't describe it by name so it may be a little iffy on the dispute. But paypal seems to side with the buyer so try it and let us know how it goes.

10. Incesticon

Doesn't ebay have some sort of policy now though against their sellers selling KO's?

11. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    It says "transformers g1 lot", doesn't g1 have some significance for details?

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Using G1 to describe something is more of a way to tell the period in which something was created, not describe authenticity IMO.

13. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Not really, as MMM said if the title/description included words like "original", "authentic", "Not KO", etc then the buyer might have a course of action. This boils down to the buyer not doing their homework before bidding.

Though looking at the sellers pervious auctions he did sell a lot of other transformers from various lines (energon, classics, G1).

14. Incesticon

Have you actually paid for these yet? If not don't and just inform ebay and the seller as to why you haven't. If you ask me if it says G1 the product should be original G1. Otherwise the item should be listed as 'remake'. I really do think you're within your rights not to have to pay for this item as as I've said before the description is misleading.

15. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

I just emailed him, we'll see what he said.

I was very nice and just asked for his thoughts knowing now that it is a KO. I guess if he ignores me or is rude, I'll give a call to ebay.

G1 is what got me.

Time will tell.

16. kbroz

kbroz Well-Known Member

I actually saw that and the weird colored Sinnertwin red flagged it for me, as he was one of my personal favorites when I was a kid. He and Starscream messed up a lot of G.I. Joes and Ninja Turtles...

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, "G1" isn't good enough to claim false advertisement... After all, if that is, then what about the people who put up an Armada Hot Shot and put in the title "TRANSFORMERS G1 RID ARMADA ENERGON CYBERTRON OPTIMUS PRIME MOVIE HOT SHOT"?

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, KO. Know what you're buying before you buy. If you're unfamiliar with a particular character from G1 (which tends to be a heavily KO'd line of late), look into what you'd expect from an authentic toy. You're less likely to get hornswaggled if you do.

19. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    But isn't that keyword spamming, or whatever they call it? There is definitely an obligation on proper description by the seller, I think the kid has a shot.

Is this a common thing with ebay, rather, what is the outcome in these sorts of disputes? Or will ebay side with the buyer bar none since the new rules took effect? I mean, KO's aren't even allowed on ebay anyways, so there is always that to fall back on.

20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    G1 was a term created back when Generation2 or G2 came out, I believe the Japanese coined the term G1. years ago it was never reffered to as G1 it was mearly Transformers