did i just buy a prototype shattered glass rodimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot78, Nov 2, 2011.

?

do you think this is a prototype shattered glass rodimus?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. dont know or maybe

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    you are awesome my friend i agree thanks

:)  i love my brother from a different mother, thanks. i think that prototype plastic is different from final "production" plastic but with this having final mold black plastic leeds me to believe that this is the "last" prototype before mass production which makes sense, everything is molded in its final colors just minus paint apps, add paint and you have sg rod. :)  very stoked i will take lots of pics but of course i will be bringing to the la meetup no doubt. im told they have another prototype rod that is slightly different im broke now but i will post pics of it when i get them,

thanks, i better not paint face, he would be ruined if i did it :) 

2. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's just an unpainted factory preproduction piece. Not a prototype, just a test run.

4. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
  5. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    So what were you thinking? I know very few of these test shots/protos see the light of day and 2 in the span of a day is really strange.

6. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Just curious how much you got this Guy for. Wish I had someone to hook me up. I'd be the first to post pre-production pics of Dino and then play with the idea of selling him on eBay, but a rare find would honestly be very hard to part with

7. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    its mine, that guy is awesome at taking pics and agreed to send it to me and take pics for me :) 
    thats what i was think, but would a "preproduction" be a prototype? :) 

its mine :) 

not 2 only mine and one that is very close to mine but slightly different still trying to get pics.

i paid $250. I also have a super rare unpainted minerva i can sell for $300 if you are interested, i cant afford all the stuff he offers so i usually get a hold of the vegas transformers club and the la collective to see if anyone wants to take advantage of hook ups i cant, if i can get the other prototype hot rod i will offer at my my usual places and here. I have such history with sg rod even though its like winning the lottery to me its like it was destined, ONE INSTANCE WAS WHEN HAD TO SELL my sg rod that i had paid $500 for but wouldnT you know i got something even better imho at half the price, i feel very lucky :) 

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    it looks like a prototype to me...i have a sdcc nemesis prime that got made with a shattered glass prime bumper and grill assembly ...so anything is possible with prototypes...when they are slapping stuff together to show a concept or test designs....

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Lots of minervas unpainted floating around for 150 dude, just need to know where to look. The rodimus is cool.

10. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    hey bro, where did you see these minervas for $150! im selling some for a friend with specific instructions and one of them was to sell for $300! and that there where less than 10! in exisistence. i need to figure this out right away cause i have already sold 2 to members on the board and im not taking any chances, i really appreciate you mentioning this and please let me know asap. thanks again

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Taobao, lots more than 10 have appeared. Did yours include the head antennas and was it built or unbuilt? Both can be found easily but the unbuilt is more expensive. None of these that I have seen include the stickersheet or the head antenna. Mine cost $164 after shipping and deputy fees.

12. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i dont understand the language can you please link me? i need to see how many he has for sale because we were told we got 8 of the 10 that existed, thanks so much for your help :) 

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It's not a prototype. no such thing would exist for SG Rodimus, or any repaint, unless it was a one of a kind hand-painted mock-up. a proper factory prototype might not even be made out of plastic.

If anything, it's an unpainted factory sample. A toy that just didnt get painted. That's all.

8 out of 10 that existed of what? minervas? really?

How could anyone think that there's only 10 Minervas? In addition to all the ones made for the custom class, there were others made and held onto for the club for contests. Yeah they're rare, but there's dozens of them out there.

You seem to get a lot of your info from people who don't have the slightest idea what they're talking about. I mean, first the BS fansproject shutting down rumor that you heard from a "trusted source", then the guy you got this thing from can't even tell you what it is, and now you honestly believe you have 8 out of 10 existing minervas? That would mean that there's only two others. How the hell could anyone believe that?

Nothing against you, but damn, you have got to check your sources. they're not smart people.

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    not all hasbro employees are collectors actually most are not :) 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No.

16. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    a test shot!!! awesme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks i appreciat people like you with vast knowledge, it helps me in many ways thanks again

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You have a toy that didn't get painted.

At best, yes, it can be called a "test shot". But absolutely not a prototype.

It seems all your info sources are grossly misinformed.

Nothing against you, but your sources are not smart people, considering the information you keep passing along from them that turns out to be flat-out wrong.

Yeah, glad you could get help IDing it here. From now on, I suggest you do that more often, especially when stuff like "only 10 minervas exist" come up. Don't take everything these sources of yours tell you at face value. Whoever told you there's only 10 minervas flat-out lied to you.

18. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    sorry i edited my respose, its a awesome followed by a thank you

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's something that crossed my mind too...I'm not terribly familiar with toy molds, but I don't know why a prototype would be made of a toy that's a simple redeco with no remolding that I'm aware of. It still may be a neat thing to have, but if the source can't confirm what exactly it is, that would just make me more hesitant rather than less regarding its status.

20. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not quite, I'd say this one was never meant to be painted. The black thighs, as opposed to the final's molded grey, kinda ruin the "never just got painted" theory.