did i just buy a prototype shattered glass rodimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot78, Nov 2, 2011.

?

do you think this is a prototype shattered glass rodimus?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. dont know or maybe

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    my question is, is it a sg rod prototype? not if it is a ko, its not a ko its 100% legit :) when my friend asked me if i was interested after sending pics first thought was "yes" but then i looked closer i noticed these two things that led me to believe that this is actually a prototype botcon 2011 shattered glass rodimus
    1. the spoiler on shattered glass rodimus is very unique, its the only version of the rodimus mold that has grey (with maybe a purple hint) spoiler. of course the others are either painted or molded yellow or chromed silver or gold.
    2. the windshield is a clear red plastic, and as far as i know only wildrider and sg rod had red windshields.
    these are my main two reason, i also think that the fact of there always being several different prototypes at different stages helps my argument this being a prototype of one of the last stages before final production due to its perfect smooth black molded plastic which is also unique to sg rodimus. because its a official hasbro prototype it has perfect joints and edges, no flaws absolutely perfect. so what do you think? i guess i should add, that this is 100% official from hasbro factory with hasbro tomy copyrights .any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the KOs released recently, it could easily be a test shot from the KO run. Or simply just a KO.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, arent you selling the KO sg roddy and wildrider and now you came into a authentic proto? Yeah, not likely.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I don't know enough about the figure myself, but the first thing that popped into my mind was "are you sure it's an official Hasbro/Takara product and not a prototype of the CHMS Knock Off?"

Just a thought. I am curious to see what the popular opinion is overall.

5. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i guess i should add, that this is 100% official from hasbro factory with hasbro tomy copyrights

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't tell from the picture. If it's the same plastic as the Botcon one then maybe somebody stripped the paint. But yeah, KO seems the most likely answer.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're certain, then it is likely a prototype of SG Rodimus. Unless someone with a lot of time and money decided to strip all the paint from an actual SG Rodimus.

8. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    how do you know its 100% official from hasbro factory with hasbro tomy copyrights

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just curious, does the CHMS KO have a Has/Tak stamp on it? I know the Seekers they did, included the Hasbro & Takara TMs on the legs.

10. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    its 100%, that isnt even the question i asked, i wasnt questioning its authenticity, im getting this from a guy that works at the hasbro plant, there is no argument of authenticity its not for sale its my grail, why is everyone telling me its a ko when that wasnt even the question? i guess i will take it as people trying to warn me instead of a bunch of "debbie downers" trying to rain on my parade. im not trippin just confused

11. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    you are right the ko seekers do have takara logos (that is dirty and unnecesssary) the cmhs i have dont have logos, and neither does the ko animated arcee they make. good point, i hated how they put ( not for sale) on their ko sg prime, that was not necessary unless you are trying to screw someone over, i mean its not necessary for display

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the questions you are asking does kind of imply that you are asking if it is real. you are asking did you buy a sg proto rodi, so yeah ppl might be acting like debbie downers.

should change the thread title.

13. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    sorry thanks

14. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Why/how doesnt the source know anything about it ? If they know its legit and not ko, just seems like they should know at least something about where it came from (not being a downer, serious q)

15. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    You are right i agree, the source is my friends friend. My friend has bought many rare official items from his friend (who works at factory) plus my friend works at ko toy factory so he knows it aint from his factory and he knows its from hasbro factory, the guy who has it isnt a designer just a supervisor of some kind, he was told "this is the black hot rod" prototype, i with my extensive knowledge of this mold then quickly realized that this was very likely a sg rod prototype, but because i dont know everything i posted this thread for help from those who know more than about cementing m theory of it being a sg proto, not just a rod proto.

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Technically, TFCC Sideburn has a grey spoiler too.
    2. Soooo...you're asking if we think it's a prototype for SG Rodimus...but shouldn't your friend be able to tell you what exactly he's offering you?

EDIT: Wrote my post while you responded above...so the source is your friend's friend. No offense, but dealing with a friend's friend, I hope you can get more definitive information so you know what exactly you are being offered.

17. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    My response to blurr69 should explain why source has minimal info. And thanks for that sideburn, i guess im not as expert as i thouht :)  hahahah you are right, this prototype mold has been at factory since 08 so probally not sideburn proto but could have been, its just the prototype plastic is different from final mold but with this having final mold black plastic leeds me to believe that this is the final prototype before mass production which makes sense, everything is molded in its final colors just minus paint apps, add paint and you have sg rod. :) , thanks again

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  18. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    ITT: very interrrresting... I think it being a regi rody proto would be just as cool as it being a sg rody proto, in any event. Just it being a proto of one of the most infamous classics molds is pretty f'ing titts, Id call it a grail too for sure ^^

19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it is a proto of SG.
    Good score dude!

Just from looking at the pics I can tell it's not the KO, so the "Debbie Downers" need to close the yap.

The plastic was molded in the same colors as the SG Roddy except for the thighs. I have TFCC Sideburn standing next to SG Rod, Sideburn is much more of a white plastic than grey. Everything points to it being legit.

Also for all those who feel his hook-up should be "in the know". They are factory workers. They may or may not be involved in the TF collecting community at all. For all they may know it could be any random toy. The guy stated the extent of his knowledge. "This is the Black Hot Rod prototype." Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Should not assume that the workers know or care a single bit about the toys they produce.

@ Autobot78 I think you found a sweet kick ass grail bro!

Send me more pics when you get her home. Maybe bring it to the meet-up following it showing up? :D 

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Don't know, but I think he looks cool. just paint the face silver and he looks great :D