Did I get screwed on this purchase?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Ashstar, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct section but just wanted to get some feedback from fellow experienced eBayers.

I've bought this Devvy for 81 bucks and when it arrived, I was horrified that Hook's... hook is broken and more importantly, his Bonecrusher connector pin is missing. Before anyone shoots me, I acknowledge oversight from my end as some members here has pointed out that the pin is missing right from the listing's pics.

I've tried to be civilised and reasoned with the seller that it was kinda misleading to mention that "THESE ROBOTS LOOK BRAND NEW WITH NO DAMAGE" and "THEY ALL GO TOGETHER TO MAKE ONE LARGE ROBOT" when they obviously don't, and I ask what would he suggest us to do in this situation.

He did not reply me for 2 weeks despite few mails sent to him with pic attachments and when I contacted him again yesterday, mentioning that "I am not one to resort to leaving negative feedback without trying to work things out". I've finally got a reply today, he must be pretty pissed and said I could return the item for refund, and that this is why he doesn''t like selling overseas.

Seriously, what the hell? I think the last comment was uncalled for, considering I've paid him immediately after listing ended. What would you reckon to be the best solution right now, sending the item back will only lose me another 30-40 bucks or should I just swallow it like a man and hunt for replacement Hook?

Many thanks...

2. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I may have the spare parts to fix him. Can you send me pics in a PM of where the damage is?? If i have the parts I will shoot they to you for dirt cheat.

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give negative feedback, sellers can't warn the buyers anymore!

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    He listed that word for word, So unless he's playing the Victim (Not knowing they were damaged when infact he did) is open speculation, Maybe ask for a partal refund but I think it would just be easier to keep it and track down the missing parts it's virtually 99% complete... And im sure you could locate the two mising pieces for under 5 dollars.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Hitting him early with a negative could lose any chance of finding a resolution, if it's at all possible. If you don't believe he's going to agree to anything, scaring him with a Paypal complaint may do something for you. I, myself, would request through Paypal around $10, maybe $15 as a partial refund. If he agrees, you win. Otherwise, if he denies the request, it'll just get drawn out and Paypal will ultimately suggest returning it (with tracked shipping), which doesn't sound like a viable option for you. At that point it's Neg time.

6. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    macabre mouse speaks the truth! :)  I'd do exactly what he said

7. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Thank you kind sir! I'll PM the pics over later back home.

I AM very tempted to do that, as the seller was obviously not open for discussions.

Thanks, have not thought about Paypal, let me get back to him and see how things go. He sounded arrogant in refusing a partial refund but let me play this last card before going all out.

Really appreciated all of your feedbacks, cheers all! :drunk 

8. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good luck :) 

9. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I assume hook's foot were broken? I have a hook missing the pin too, I wonder how that pin can get lost, looks to me it's impossible to take out the pin without damaging the toy.

10. Ashstar

News Credits:
    Sorry for the trouble but do I immediately open a dispute from my end, or should I be letting him know before doing so? In the latest respond from the seller he clearly states that partial refund is NOT an option to him (or, to quote him literally - I don't roll that way.) and asked for item to be returned.

Thanks mate, guess I'm gonna need all I get.

Surprisingly, nope. I went through the pictures to make sure Hook's legs were intact as it seems to be the most popular problem with him. No bonus for missing the other spots it seems...