Did I get a good deal on this auction?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by tb-1599, Aug 27, 2012.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

So real quick about a year ago I got the FP Bruticus add ons. But I couldnt find the ROTF Onslaught, so I ended up with the Energon version as a place holder. Well every now and then I would check the bay (and here) for Bruticus Maximus and I would always see the full set go for at least 300.00 (which is the norm I understand that) Well the other day. I saw an auction just for Onslaught. I figured JACKPOT. So I bid (well kinda I will explain in a second). I ended up getting him for 56.50. Did I get the short end of the stick on this one?

My other question is what is your opinion on Ebay sniping(EZ sniper) websites? I knew I was not going to be able to be near my laptop or phone when the auction ended. So I ended up using EZ sniper. Do you think that is a douche move?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I think you got a fair deal, as for the bidding service/auto bidding software, as i assume that what EZ Sniper is. I would not consider that a douche move given you would have placed the same bids if you had been at your Pc at the time.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's hard to say. I try not to pay the typical after market prices for figures, especially anything that's connected to a 3rd party upgrade kit. I try to look for the best possible deal, which is generally something well below the norm.

Personally, I'm not picky and would've been happy with using the Energon set. I'd just be happy to scratch FP Bruticus off my list, regardless of which version of the Onslaught/Barricade mold it was. That's $50+ that you could’ve saved for something else entirely.

On the other hand, you didn't buy an entire set, which would've put you $200-300 in the hole, so the $50 is pretty inconsequential by comparison.