Did have any good points Beast Mechine?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Feb 27, 2011.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lets start off by saying; 'I hated Beast Machines.'

So this isn't a tread about what was bad about it. We don't really need to point out that it was mostly a dislike series. This also isn't a tread trying to defend it.
    But
    I normally think there's always something good and always something bad in EVERYTHING. So lets ignore anything you didn't like about Beast Machines and see what the good points are.

IE. I loved obsidian, good voice, weird but awesome design. I liked his back story (what little we got of it).

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Cheetor had very good character development in BM.

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Optimus realizing he was just as wrong as Megatron was a great point.

4. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I personally feel that there were plenty of great things in Beast Machines. Cheetor had some great character development and the vehicons were all very cool (especially Jetstorm.) I also really liked the dark setting and the somewhat grim storyline. The role reversal with Blackarachnia trying to save Silverbolt was also pretty interesting.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I enjoyed Beast Machines. Cheetor developed well, Rattrap was less action and more espionage, Blackarachnia and Silverbolt were cool, Optimus was meh. I just disliked the designs, they were ugly.

6. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I enjoy'd the upgraded animation, as well as the story it was very deep for a Transformers and made Captain Planet look a little silly (More?) Even with it's preachy Machine Vs Plants. It took Transformers to a different level beyond good and evil, it was also the first (I think.) Transformers Lore, aside from comics to take place on Cybertron during the entire run. It also put a value on life, by taking a more mature pace for a Transformers series. M'yeah.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strika, Obsidian, Thrust, Jetstorm and Blackarachnia are long time favorite designs of mine, with the first two also being awesome characters

8. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Just watched BM this past winter break. I'd say the Vehicons were pretty much the best thing the show had going.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Jetstorm is awesome.

Hell I thought Cheetor was at his best here, as well as Megatron.

10. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%!! My only two problems with BM were Botanica and the outcome of Cybertron. Other than that...LOVED the show.

11. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I didn't mind it so much ... I just thought of it as another parallel world story line.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beast Machines is the best written and acted TF series we've gotten. The animation is also one of the best. BM was full of good points.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The entire mystery and reveal of who the Vehicon generals were was absolutely fantastic. (I wasn't on the internet much at that point so I wasn't spoiled by the surprise!)

Also, Jetstorm was the freakin' mutt's nuts.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

+1 for Jetstorm!

15. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I disagree about it being the best written.
    Lots of people think it was the worst written TF series of all time. Personally I do like 50% of the over-all story arch. The whole "Megatron killed everyone and the remaining Maximals battle all odds" I really like. The "We need to turn Cybertron into what amounts to 'Earth 2'"...not so much.

The voice acting however was amazing, the CGI was beautiful (over the top...but that's a selling point for me). EDIT: But Ratrap....YUK

It had a lot going for it, and unlimited potential. However I rank it amoungst my least favorite pieces of TF cannon of all time because it just didn't seem like a continuation of Beast Wars to me. Sadly had it been a true stand alone with no prior history I may have liked it much better. But as it was not I pretty much hated it for a LONG time. Only recently am I beginning to see it's merits.

Its main positive however was that it was 2 seasons of transformers living on. And despite getting a lot of flack from BW and G1 fans alike, and having soft toy sales, it didn't kill off the brand, and gives us something to debate about 11 years later =)

16. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

dark ambient in almost every chapter, each episode starts with the good guys escaping from the vehicons, Rhinox totally crazy (Tankor), Blackarachnia losing her spark when trying to save Silverbolt, Waspinator being Thrust! (I really loled when Blackarachnia noticed she was wrong at Silverbolt being Thrust!)

17. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Noding in total agreement, nothing to say thou*

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I feel anyone who makes this claim has a hard time seperating personal taste for a fair assement of the writting.

Meaning they cant seperate their dislike from the show or story to give a honest assement of the writting.

My wife has that problem with singers and musicians, if she doesnt like the type of music they make she thinks they cant sing or play well.
    This is what I mean, just because you didnt LIKE how the story folded out doesnt mean it was bad writting.

19. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I personally didn't think the writing was bad. It was the plot that I'm still trying to come to terms with lol.

20. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Cheetor Cheetor Cheetor.