Did Galvatron Kill Starscream in Ghost in the machine

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatron1976, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Megatron1976

Megatron1976 Banned

I wanted to know if when galvatron shot Starscream in the hip at the end of the episode of G1 series Ghost in the machine, if he in fact killed Starscream. I think many remember g1 SS being a ghost which I say he is not. I think Starscream survied the blast from Galvatron, and also his color did not fade and was still moaning after the shot, so what do you think?

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought he DIDN'T. Cyclonus even says "since when to ghosts fly through space?" or something like that. I took that to mean that he wasn't a ghost anymore, so he lived.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I pretty much saw it the same way.

Althou, from what we learned in Beast wars it seems he did die again, but when is anyone's guess.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    No, Galvatron did not kill Starscream a second time. Starscream was tumbling out of control into deep space, unfortunately.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Mmmm... not necessarily.

Being a ghost, he was able to cross through space and time. He could have traveled back to Beast Wars time before popping back to the future to have Unicron build him a new body.

As for this episode, I always thought that Galvatron killed him again. You just didn't see it because it was back to being a kids' cartoon.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I thought he lived but died again at a later point, I mean he's star scream most of the higher up cons want him dead at that point I'd imagen one of them would have finally got him.

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ In BW, I always thought that took place before he returned and took over Scourge, etc. When Blackarachnia says to him "you got blasted by Galvatron for being a traitor". So I guess what I'm saying is I thought the BW epsidoe took place after the movie, but before "Starscream's Ghost", since it was said his spark could travel through time and space. But who knows?

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

thats possible, but the maximals were trying to replicate what happened to starscreams spark , that gives me the idea they had a chance to studdy his spark.

makes me think he must have died again.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I see that as possible, but when was it said his spark could travel trew time?

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The ending was probably deliberately ambiguous.

Although one might argue that when Unicron gave him a body, it was more robust than the one he had previously.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I think "Possesion" took place after G1 Season 3.

Starscream mentions Unicron. I don't think he heard of Unicron until Season 3 where he made a deal with you know.

12. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

I just took it that his body died again after getting shot in space, not from the weaponsfire, but from being left adrift and his body eventually running out of energy. His spark of course can't be killed and somehow wound up time traveling to BW for his appearance there.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Of course he was alive. After all, he would have been in the cartoon as Pretender Starscream and even Action Master Starscream had it kept airing through those lines.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think his body was destroyed but not his spark.

But i'm more curious to know why Starscream's spark started to wander after Screamer's body was destroyed by Galvatron in movie insted of just going to the Matrix, or Allspark or whatever they call the transformers afterlife.

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^You're right, I forgot about that. I stand corrected

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Well, I meant the fact that it ended up in Prehistoric Earth was what I was basing that opinion on, y'know? But you're right it as never officially stated

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I figured he ended up back in time because he happened to find the same rip in space time the max and preds traveled trew.

18. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would think Galvatron killed him and his ghost came back again . That or his body went offline (from all the Damage) and floated threw space . That is until he possesed another Autobot or Decepticon who came across his remains .

I hate to say it but Starscream's spark to move threw time and space was not planned by the Writters of BW . On the BW dvd extras the writters said when they started the show, they were not even sure if it was gonna be earth that they crash landed on . So they added two moons , and " If we wanna make it earth , we can always just blow one up " .
    The writers never gave a reason why , because they did not plan the show that far ahead .

Don't get me wrong I love the episode , and BW as a whole .
    It was a awesome G1 crossovers they did like Ravage being one of the last Decepticons .
    I guess you could say something like he was energy that pasted threw a tear that the Maximal and Pred ship made in Space and time . Works for me anyway hehe

Interview with Bob Forward he talks about it around 7:40 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTGUG-GFP48

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If that's true, then Starscream making his appearance in Beast Wars is wrong.

20. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

He lived on as a ghost in Beast Wars so I'm gonna say no.