Did Galvatron kill again Starscream in the ending of "Ghost in the machine?"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ThrustJan, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I like thinking that after the scene in which he obtained his body again,it was created an ambiguos ending also because writers were really hoping to could use Starscream again in the future,but still didn't know if they had the chance.

A lof of things depended if Hasbro would have created new Starscream toys.

So,considering that just after the movie and during first run of season 3 Hasbro comprehended the importance of killed characters,he would surely have returned alive in a new series.

If you want,you can link/add this topic to other ones already present on the board.

2. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I've actually wondered that myself for awhile, lol. I do think it's left pretty ambiguous. If they wanted to go back to the character they easily could have.

From a writing standpoint I'm not sure it would have worked for him to become a ghost yet again. I mean how many times could they do that "Starscream steals a Deception to possess" thing? Lol

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If season four had continued, Starscream would have returned. From what I remember, the character wound up dead in part because his VA (Chris Latta) was becoming increasingly unreliable. The end of the episode also leaves it open ended, which favors the theory that he was wounded, not rekilled.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    He was last shown tumbling through space, which a ghost could totally do, and Cyclonus is just wack. Even though Galvy fires at him, he didn't give pursuit, so if the first shots didn't kill him, ol' Screamer's still kicking.

From a continuity standpoint, if it continued, Starscream probably would be dead. Chris Latta, as previously stated, had his own problems, and they made his on-job performance spotty at best and his attendance record even spottier. Ironic, I suppose, that Starscream would come back from the dead in his last appearance before Latta left.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

It's implied that Starscream's Spark is in fact indestructible, so Galvatron wouldn't have been able to kill him anyway.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

He was probably still a ghost. He was a ghost when he appeared in Beast Wars and took control of Waspinator for a bit.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    But that could of also been view as before the Unicron seek and find stuff too. His spark did enter a worm hole sending him back in time.

Myself, I think had G1 not been as it was, he would had been shown to survived it.

8. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seem to recall hearing a rumor about a season 4 plot that would have had some Decepticon outcasts (Octane, Blitzwing, Starscream, and Shockwave) banding together. And the Pretender Starscream toy came along fairly quickly it seemed. So I figure he would've remained alive.

It is kind of interesting to hear about Chris Latta's problems since he actually remained with G.I. Joe after the cartoon went to DiC. I think he and Slaughter were the only VAs to remain with the show (and really, who else could voice a cartoon Slaughter but the actual man?).

+-MWG-+

9. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Hasbro would have commanded that Starscream be put back in the show alive because they gave him a new toy.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

But for how long? I mean, Sixshot is arguably a figure Hasbro would have wanted to promote heavily, and all he gets is less than a minute of screen time to take down five planes and make a one liner before never appearing in G1's cartoon again.

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always assumed if it kept going that Starscream would have reappeared as a Pretender. However if there was a Latta problem then who knows. I also thought that if the Pretenders had been given a chance to show up that it would probably have been via Quintesson science, since they had already made half organic / half machine creatures already like in the Dweller in the Depths. Maybe Starscream could have stolen the technology from Quintessa and he could have built himself his new Pretender army like how he tried to do with the Combaticons.

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    to be fair, never again was 2 episodes later.

13. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    It definitely would've been interesting to see all that would've entailed Starscream's return. More backstabbing, more acts of cowardice, more getting beat up by Galvatron.....yeah I guess it wouldn't really be much different. :lol  It'd still be cool though.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

starscream took over tryicon 's body

15. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What got me was whether it was his death that triggered the mutant spark, the constant travel he did in space to and from Cybertron (excluding Earth), his merger with the Pretender shell, the power of the Underbase, or whether his revival at the hands of Unicron.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm all for, "if it didn't happen on screen, it didn't happen at all!" for things like this. especially since they don't mention it later.

so i like to think no. starscream probably got away. is probably creating his own army of jets and combaticons or what ever, and will probably come back now that galvatron is much weaker *after the rebirth* since the loss of the war. and since he lost the war, starscream's case that galvatron is weak, will be more clear to the decepticons remaining.

they're probably going to flee from galvatron, and join starscream.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He'd appear in a pretenders body possessing it.

But body is destroyed and he goes through time and henceforth Beast Wars.

18. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

First of all,thanks for contributions,all of you have been very helpful :D  .

Yes,in this way Starscream's fate is very ambiguous...

Again,I don't have proofs but I like thinking that writers weren't sure if viewers would have seen SS again as the rather recurrent and very important character that he deserves to be,so they were a little forced to add Galvatron's shooting that remains unresolved hoping for the best in the future
    Starcream was memorable but Hasbro put decisions on the robots to use,and writers had limited choices on certain things.
    After all ,in "Starscream's ghost" ,Blitzwing would have played Octane role,but Hasbro wanted to promote new toys.
    Yes,I had read that Latta encountered several problems..it could have contributed to the final decision to abandon the character.

As someone of you stated,it's probably true that some G1 writers were really interested to develop characters and stories but couldn't create all they wanted because of the marketing role of the series..a lot of potential only partially exploited.
    Starscream was a too interesting character and with his scheming attitude and evil plans,waiting for a season 4, he could have worked well in the new direction of the season 3,become darker ,sci-fi oriented and with characters as the Quintessons,a great type of scheming villains.

That Pretender Starscream could be a very high clue that if the Transformers didn't encounter that heavy decline that made Hasbro canceling the series,Starscream would have returned alive

Absolutely agree,considering that series was canceled ,this idea could be considered one of the eventual SS ending and is great :thumb .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  19. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I wish they had further explored the events of Fire in the Sky in future episodes. It was too intriguing a back story to just shelve.

20. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I blame the poor writers collaboration in Generation one. For the reason we never saw Starscream's fate after that Season 3 Episode.