Did Dylan really die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 26, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    All the fictions agree he was killed off, but from what I saw in the film he looked like he was merely stunned by the pillar. The following scenes don’t help much: his body was not seen when the NEST soldiers appear, and when Bumblebee tackled the pillar HE was fine (I saw Ratchet blast it, but was Bumblebee like a conductor or something that electricity can’t affect him?).

I don’t know how electrocution works, and I don’t ask for some extended death scene, but the comic gave a clearer (and arguably more satisfying) version: Sam knocks Dylan into the pillar and it chars him to a freaking cinder.

2. Bose

Bose Member

he dead.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Bumblebee is a giant freaking robot, you can't compare him to a human in any conceivable way.

But I think either way he died: If the elotruction didn't kill him [given we saw sparks coming out of his body, I'd say his organs are fried beyond any medical help], then he'll be sentenced for crimes against human rights and crimes of war [Megatron tried to enslave humanity, that's a crime a against human rights AND a crime of War, Dylan helped him in trying to accomplish it, so...], if my memory doesn't fail me, both are punished with death.

In case of survival, The Government would take away all his property [including his everlasting fortune] and put the entire FBI on his ass.

Then, execute him with lethal injection because of said crimes.

Either way, I don't see him escaping.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    whatchu want, he say he dead

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's dead. Maybe he could have lived had he got immediate medical attention, but Sam Epps and Lennox likely would have just let him rot. They've got hurt allies, and hurt innocents, so they certainly aren't going to treat the traitor of humanity untill everyone else is taken care of.

And he was certainly in no position to escape after that, so if they did recover him, he's either heading to jail, or death row. And the scattered Decepticons forces certainly aren't going to be bothered to break him out.

6. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Pretty sure he dead.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather hope not.

Yeah you herd me. I want Dylan to be arrested, put on trial and sentenced to death for his crimes againist humanities.

But then MECH shows up at his execution resucing him. Then he and Silas as well with Dr. Arkeville basically used the remains of Decepticon for Transtector suits so they can (You guessed it) take over the world.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's pretty clear he's dead. I mean, not that many survive being electrocuted, right?

9. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

And he didn't just get electricuted by just anything, he got electricuted by a space bridge pillar, that defies our laws of physics.

10. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    He go so aced.

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

He got electrocuted? :lol  all I saw was Sam punch him and he went down in the pile of scrap. After this and not being able to see the parts of Cybertron in space that were supposedly there I am starting to wonder if I even watched the movie :lol 

12. Spalah

Spalah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, he is alive and kicking! He will return in TF4 as Decepticon zombie human Dylan!

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam wacked him with the stick thing, and he stumbled backwards into the pillar and got electrocuted. THEN he fell into the pile of stuff below him.

He's probably dead.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Lennox probably saw what Prime did to Sentinel, found Dylan half-dead in the rubble and double-tapped in the head with his weapon.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) He's dead. For all intended purposes, he's dead. Gone. Although nothing was directly stated in the movie, it's pretty obvious that he's supposed to be dead. That was the gist of the scene.
    2.) "Stunned"? Do you mean "violently electrocuted by an alien physics-defying device that caused him to scream in pain and crumple to the ground like a rag doll"? If so, then yes. ;) 
    3.) Bumblebee was fine when he attacked the pillar because he is an 18 foot tall alien robot from a planet made entirely of metal. That's probably why he he wasn't affected like Dylan, a mere human. :lol 
    4.) I agree, the comic gave a much more visceral depiction of his death. And although it might've been a bit too violent, I would've like to see his fried up nice and crispy (but not too gory). Basically fried/disintegrated like the humans in Chicago.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Looked pretty dead to me. Concrete club to the face + shitload of electricity + ten foot fall on your head = stone cold stiff.

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's dead but I admit when I first saw the movie and saw Bumble tackle the pillar the electricity lit up Bumblebees circuits, I thought something was going to end up being wrong with him

18. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

He is most certainly dead.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Well, he's Hasbro's favorite child right now. He can't have anything bad happen to him (permamently, anyway), he's due for more promotional appearances to make more money for Hasbro!

Although ironically, the guy WITH all the money in the movie is pretty much implied to have died.

20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

He's a human who's flesh got fried. I certainly believe he's done done dead.