Did anyone watch it on a REAL IMAX theater??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jul 9, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    The IMAX theaters in my city are all Min-IMAX theaters.

They are 67' by 30'

The only true IMAX theater here only shows documentaries and national geographic type features.

That screen is truly giant that some people get dizzy and motion sickness

But the Mini-Max screen here is only a vertically expanded version of the normal screens we have.

So I was wondering what city has an actual true IMAX theater showing Transformers and has anyone seen it?

Here is an article that has been posted before but its just to remind people about fake and true IMAX
    Fake IMAX - be sure before you get pissed like Aziz did! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

[​IMG]

2. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Well The MD Sience Center is a 100% Real IMAX Screen, Theater, and Sound (from what I remember), so I've got no worries besides trying to drag my family down there to see Revenge of the Fallen already.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    celebration cinema here in lansing MI is a 100% real IMAX threater, so yeah. I did.

4. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    aaaaww so lucky, I'm beginning to think that regular cinemas don't have a TRUE imax theater. You must goto some science center or museum or convention hall to find one and one that shows feature films.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Saw it on the IMAX theater at Udvar Hazy so, yeah, I saw it on a real IMAX.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Fairly certain the one in Colorado Springs I saw ROTF on was legit, at least according to one of those "Fake or real IMAX" websites it was.

7. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    How big is a TRUE IMAX screen supposed to be?

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    according to the diagram 76 x 97 feet

9. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

man thanks for pointing this out, I didn't know. And I'm going to see it in IMAX soon so I'm glad I found out. With the article and links I found the closest one that's a big screen.

thanks.

10. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    There are other sizes besides the two that the diagram shows. A lot of IMAX screens are 55 x 70 ft. Does that mean there's fake IMAX, kinda IMAX, and true IMAX?

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    A true IMAX screen should be the maximum size. I took this from the IMAX website:

IMAX and IMAX 3D giant flat screens soar up to eight stories high and are designed to encompass your peripheral vision. These screens are painted silver to maximize the amount of light reflected back to the audience. Half the size of a football field and large enough to show a whale life-size, IMAX screens fully immerse you in the scene.

12. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

in the baltimore maryland inner harbor science center? i might be going to see rotf w/ my pops.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah that's the one.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    when i was a little kid, my aunt and uncle would take me and my brothers to a science place that had a HUGE ASS screen (the "true" imax) and a play area (i miss that play area, had a little house and a bunch of water toys and stuff, true fun). that screen was scary to me back in the day, i remember seeing a panda documentary on it....that panda was HUMONGOUS....it always felt like the room was spinning and i hated that....lol if they aired ROTF on that screen....i would shit myself and pass out from over exposure to too much awesomeness :lolol  i soooooo want to see that on that huge screen.......must look it up lol....imagine devastator....HOLY SHIT

15. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IMAX Map

Here is a great resource that shows all IMAX theaters and will tell you what type of IMAX is at each theatre, and what size screen it is.

IMAX Map, N.A.

Enjoy - hope it helps!

-Silvershot

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw it at the IMAX at the pacific science center in Seattle. Amazing screen.

17. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Saw it at the Jordan's Furniture (I kid you not) IMAX in Natick MA, which according to the map-provided clocks in at 59 x 70, so not the GRAND-DADDY size IMAX, but certainly not a mini one

BUT, mine had memory-foam seats and "Ass Kicker" subwoofers in each and every seat, so it was as intense an experience as I would care to have ;) 

D/L

18. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

The Minnesota Zoo Imax theater in Apple Valley is true Imax. Actually, I wish I had sat closer so the movie had filled my peripheral vision. The only problem there was the volume was over the top. I had to plug my ears during the desert battle, and the people sitting next to me were doing the same.

19. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw it at the Eastridge Mall IMAX. Very disappointing screen size. =\

20. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Lots of theaters are implementing the "IMAX Lite" format theaters, formulated by the IMAX people to upgrade normal theaters by bringing the seats closer to the screen and installing better sound system as well as new IMAX type projectors.

I, for one, watched it on a massive true IMAX screen at the Irvine Spectrum in California, pretty close to the screen. The experience was urrrr... brain explode-y.

I don't think you would've like that. The experience was so overwhelming. To a point where my brain couldn't process the image fast enough that I only saw a blurry grey mass during the battle sequences. Everything happening at every point in your peripheral vision is very confusing. I had a massive headache afterwards.