Did anyone notice Scavenger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    When Simmons and Leo were surrounded by the Construction machines before they turned into Devastator, did you notice the scene where Overload, Scavenger, Scrapper and Mixmaster arrived in the scene, But Scavenger is not real. all the other machines look like real machine controlled by drivers, but Scavenger looks like his machine mode was computer animated. So there were all the Construction machines in that scene, but the giant Excavator was fake.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    scavanger looks real for me

3. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that the Scavenger Excavator model was added in in post-production, but it still looks pretty real.

The Terex Excavatars are HUGE, and very heavy, so it would've been ridiculously hard (and expensive) to transport one to Egypt, for only a couple shots.
    The added in model doesn't LOOK fake at all to me, but thinking logically, it isn't real.

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I don't think it was fake, Terex vehicles are pretty large. This gets me thinking about the scene when Simmons and Leo are next to both HIghtower and Longhaul, and then do nothing.

This scene was one of the sadest for me, I wish they would have transformed and tried to defeat skids, and then transform into Devs.

5. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Also isn't there only a very limited number of those excavators in the world? They are so huge they have to be completely disassembled to transport them. Also I don't remember exactly when, but in the Shanghai scene-there is an establishing shot of the terrain where it is clear as day there is no Demolisher behind those pipes!

6. KeithWilliam

KeithWilliam Member

Yeah, I noticed that too when I saw the film a second time.

7. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. I live in Oil Country and have seen pic's of a O&K 400. It's massive. It was specially designed to work in Alberta.
    But, another thing I noticed is they actually use the Syncrude colour scheme in the Egypt scene.

8. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    Exactly.

I don't event think they are sent over assembled. The parts are sent over, bit by bit, and then assembled to form the final excavator.
    But what do you mean "Syncrude" colour scheme? Is that the term for the largely red paint scheme?

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think either Demolishor's or Scavenger's O&Ks were real. We only saw Demy's for a brief moment before he transformed. Also, I believe the special features show some in progress shots, including some of the shots leading up to Devastator. The stationary Long Haul was CGI, as well as the Excavator. Actually, I think the only real vehicles in that shot were Mixmaster and Scrapper.

10. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Agreed, those things are huge. The legends optimus in vehiclemode is in scale with voyager demolishor in vehicle mode from what ive heard.

11. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are assembled in Pieces. Seen some pics where just the bucket is hauled up on a massive convoy.
    Syncrude colour scheme is the largely red one yes.

12. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    The stationary Long Haul I'm pretty sure was actually there.

For scouting and pre-production, the crew had to get the vehicles that they needed as alternate modes for the robots. Most of the Constructicon vehicles are actually there, in Egypt.
    I've seen a bunch of photos that they took of the Constructicon Vehicles. Although all the vehicles were there, I'm pretty sure they photoshopped the colours onto the vehicles during post-production (although they could've actually given them new paint jobs).
    Long Haul, Mixmaster, Scrapper, Overload and Rampage were all actually in Egypt. I'm not sure about Hightower, but his crane mode looks pretty damn convincing.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, that Long Haul was definitely CGI, I distinctly remember a side by side of shots in the special features showing how they composited in the Giza Pyramids (in the wide shot where Megatron flies up to them), and in the non-composited shot the Long Haul wasn't there. I can't speak the same for Hightower, but looking at his size and the fact that the vehicle didn't actually move (besides during the actual combination), I'd guess it was CGI was well.

14. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Syncrude is a large oil company in northern Alberta. Their refinery is huge, it spans something like 5 square kilometers, it's pretty much it's own little city except that it's a jobsite. I work in the oil fields as well, I'm about 50 km down the highway from syncrude and the machinery out here is massive. At work I look at stuff and think how awesome some equipment would be as transformers.