Did anyone notice (part 2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Desolate 1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Desolate 1

Desolate 1 Active Member

I've only seen one other (did anyone notice?) thread, so I figured I'd add to the list of things people might have missed in the movie; another thread to help us pass the time for the next few years, till the next release. I didn't SEE any other posts on this detail, so if it was noticed and posted before, please forgive me.
    Did anyone notice that in one of Optimus's transformations, he actually had WINGS? It was the one where he was "pissed" and Ironhide hit him on his back and told him to make something of himself. When he transforms, right before he's done, you can actually see a pair of metal feather wings on his back, right before he slams down in front of Frances. They never used the wings in any of his subsequent transformations (not that I noticed at least). I wonder if that was done to accentuate his majestic stature for that particular scene, or does he actually have wings as part of arsenal....

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well...at least they aren't butterfly wings.

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw those. Almost like a wasp that is pissed off, spreading its wings to look angry and bigger.

4. Nemesisdestron

Nemesisdestron Active Member

I think its just his headache rack folding in on it self.

5. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

I noticed they looked like wings, but I never considered them as such. I just assumed they were parts of him simply finding their place in the transformation but since they were spread out they looked like wings.

6. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

this

7. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

you could post have posted this thread in the http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-movie-discussion/423703-errors-jokes-references-hard-spot-things-dotm.html , since its something you spotted, not that it will make a difference.....

8. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    It is some part of his back, the transformation is not complete

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    FIRST OF ALL, THIS. As you're new here, this is how things tend to be done around here. :)  If you notice that a similar (or in this case, identical) thread exists, please use said existing thread.

EDIT: :lol  My bad. You're not new here. You joined the site a full year before I did!

As for the question at hand, it's simply big plates that split apart when he transforms. They just happen to look like "wings" for a moment. But they're not.

This.

However, I never thought of it this way. It does kind of make sense that his transformation is more "agitated" in this case, seeing as how their transformations are based on their emotional state/mood, etc..

10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Haha...his human partners' dishonesty really ruffled his feathers, lol.

LOVE IT.

11. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I´ve actually noticed the 1st time I saw it. They seem to bee the shoulder pads forming themselves from multiple thin panels.

Actually, this is my favorite prime transformation, and I give full credit to the animators for it. It really looks like optimus is pissed off, but being all honorable and such, he vents out his frustration through his transformation. Kinda like someone punching a wall or something to calm himself down before talking to someone he´s mad at. It really is a great character moment, and really fits the more agressive feel movie prime has, kinda like he knows he has to calm down.