Did anyone laugh during this scene ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Did anyone laugh when that Protoform was holding Ratchet?
    Ratchet was like, "Get off me!"
    and it just threw him on the ground?
    I mean seriously, is Ratchet that weak? -_-

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Well he is rather old, and a medic. I don't think combat is his greatest skill...

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Ratchet's supposed to be strong? He's the doctor. I mean, look at him. He's not overly bulky or very large. He had one acrobatic move in TF1 but otherwise all his fighting consists of firing his gun military-style.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it more funny how Ratchet is the only one of the original five Autobots not to get injured at all during all three movies. It might make sense because he's the medic and he has to be safe so he can fix others, but for some reason it's amusing to me.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bayformer Ratchet is seriousily the worst medic ever.

He has never fixed anything or anyone, he's also not great in battle.

I wish Bay had chose Perceptor atleast he could be the IDW charecter and snipe Decepticons.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I did chuckle, I will admit. :lol  Just a bit though. It wasn't uproarious laughter, nor was it meant to be for that.

But I don't really get how being pushed to the ground by a protoform makes him "weak"*. The protoform is easily Ratchet's size and has that whole "I'm a Decepticon so I don't care if I hurt your feelings"-attitude. They're physical equals, more or less. If someone my size is determined to push me to the ground, they're probably going to succeed. Does that alone make me "weak"? No.

This is probably going to turn into one of those "Optimus is a wuss because he says "Please!" to Sentinel"-threads. :rolleyes:  Or "Ratchet's a horrible medic!".

*Seriously, does the Iron Man fandom call Rhodey "weak" because Tony knocks him to the ground once in Iron Man 2? Does the Batman fandom call The Joker "weak" because Batman tossed him off of a balcony? Every franchise is filled with scenarios of one character getting the upper hand over another. But only in the Transformers-world do I see people jump to the conclusion of calling the characters "weak" unless they show Super-Saiyan-levels of kill-a-ness in those scenarios (unless they're legitimately weak). Sometimes I wonder about some fans...

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Except Bumblebee's legs.

Rebuilding two full legs to full functionality with nothing but the blasted remains is not bad considering the Autobots seldom recieve any other serious damage. (and if they do it's immediately fatal)

He almost always hits his target, and he cut of Brawl's arm. By comparrison, Ironhide never once hit anyone in TF1.

Perceptor's stupid sniping nonsense wasn't brought into IDW until after the first movie.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Bumblebee's legs and Brawl's arm would like to have a word with you.

And he was just struggling, its not a serious wrestling fight.
    If I go to a person, and randomly be able to threw the person off its balance by pushing him with my hands, does that mean I can kick his ass? No, anyone can do that.

Starscream left him pretty badly beaten up in Mission City.
    But to be honest, that's because all the other Autobots are gun-toting badasses.

Observe, battle begins:

Ratchet.
    - Stands in place and fires his weapon like a normal soldier, taking his time to aim and walk, sometimes dodging bullets. A normal guy.

Ironhide, Bumblebeee, Optimus, Sideswipe, The Wreckers and Dino:
    - Run towards the enemy doing backflips and firing a barrage of missels at every, then rip out the enemy entrails with a spear and send another barrage of missles at everything in their path.

Ratchet is Movie-One John McClane, the others are Rambo.
    Edit: As Slit Lip noted, he also is something of a Sniper to the team: Every time he fires, he hits something [specially on DOTM].

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Again outside of Bee's leg. Nothing. I think he's tehre just to be the smart guy and that's it.

Hey Bay could have invented the trait. :p 

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I think it's more humorous how he's the only Autobot to never be seriously injured. I really hope they continue that in the imminent fourth movie! :lol 

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He was also able to see Sentinel's life signals with his own freaking eyes.

I'll rephrase that, he diagnosied the patient's precise condition without touching him.

12. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

He also repaired Optimus after the shape he was in in ROTF all trashed and beaten up. He'll do the same after DOTM. And every time an Autobot is damaged and later shiny new is mostly due to him. He only get criticized because he can't ressurect the dead.

As for his combat skills, again, Optimus starting his murder run:Sideswipe is hiding behind cover, Bee is casually strolling around and shooting at nothing, Ratchet flips over and sets a protoform on fire.

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Oh, sure. Not counting everything he's done, he's done nothing.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    So outside of being a skilled medic and an all-around smart guy, he's done nothing.

:rolleyes2  I'm sure you'd be a great mechanic. "Yeah, outside the missing engine and the fact that it's on fire there's nothing wrong. You can buff that out no prob."

That's also pretty good.

Also while not very explicit, the laser he shot at BB's throat was what fixed his voice over time for the end of TF1. So he's got that, too.

Plus he's the guy Optimus trusted to go to the moon in the first place. Beating out even Ironhide.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

this

now this i laughed at

16. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, Ratchet's definitely a competent medic AND combatant and he's certainly been given his moment to shine more than once.

Baseless criticism is baseless.

:p 

17. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

You didn't know?....Ratchet was a 4 time dodge ball champ in autobot school that's why he's so good at dodging bullets.

Ratchet fixed everybody except:
    Jazz-ripped in half.....kind of hard to save that.
    Jetfire-gutted almost in half-spark donor....kind of hard to save w/o spark
    Ironhide-blasted point blank range 3x while BB stood there....kind of hard to save a pile of rust.
    Not too many autobots died which is BS

18. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Ummm, who do you think repaires every bot after each movie, i mean just look at how optimus ended up in rotf and look at him at the start of rotf.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Plus Jetfire got automatically taken apart and his parts spread through the air and reformatted on top of Optimus, after which Optimus just dumped them off.

20. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

no