Did anyone laugh at Starscream’s death?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I would've found it more funny if Wheels or Brains had did that to STarscream or one of the Autobots. Sam killing Starscream by himself bugs the hell out of me. In a way, I agree with it because going back to the first thru the second to the last movie Starscream has nearly killed Sam on more than one occasion so for Screamer to get it from Sam was rewarding in a sense. But on the other hand, it bugs me that Sam killed such a ruthless a con as Starscream.

I did laugh at the car being punched through the garage and the car alarm going off tho'.

2. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought it was a terrible scene- my only reaction was a muted "really?"

Sam would have been dead just from all the swingin around. IDK i just found the chase scene leading up to it stupid as well (pretty much ayn chase scene involving something really big and a person i find stupid, let alone the fact the starscream can FLY and has guns there is no way on earth a scared human being should get away from him. )

Same feeling for example from jurassic park T-rex scenes, for every step it takes you have to run like 8 or 10 steps.. you are not going to get very far before it eats you.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Someone's never had to deal with an escaped hamster before.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I laughed more at the dialouge. Starscream's proclamation "I'LL KICK YOU" was easily the best laugh in the movie since Optimus going "ARGHBLARGLE" at the beginning of the film.

5. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    ^ Pretty much exactly what I was thinking reading that, lol.

Obviously, they cheat a bit here and there to make it work in the movies...but, yeah. Hardly implausible.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Haha! *recalls own hamster that escaped and died wrecking the house's heating system* Aww...

7. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I laughed so hard my head asploded while I tried to remove a bomb, grappling hook and Beef combo from my eyes

8. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did you have guns too? and flying?

the difference is you arent trying to kill your escaped hamster. if you were- you step on it, or hit it with a bat, then eat it. nomnomnom

interestingly enough- i had to deal with an escaped lovebird today- outside. got him back after watching him terrorize (well chase and yell at) the local canaries and chickadees. spent about 20 minutes yelling at him from my roof, then i threw his partner in crime in the travel cage and followed him up the street till i managed to coax him down onto their travelcage and grab him.

i was trying to let them have full flight indoors during the winter (i take my birds outside in the summer, wings clipped, for hikes with dogs and kids.) - wings are now clipped again...

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I didn't notice that Sam did the same thing as Snake Eyes did to Starscream in TFs Vs. GI; Sam is nothing like Snake Eyes. Additionally, if Sam was anything like Snake Eyes, he wouldn't have gotten his face kicked so baldy by Dylan Gould.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And how would guns help dislodge the grenade from his eye socket, or the grappling hook slowly yanking his eye out?

11. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found the first half of the scene pretty exciting.

When it got to Lennox and Sam yelling and screaming, while Starscream was flailing like a maniac, then it became hilarious.

12. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Still not that easy.

I lived in a 10x10x10 concrete-cube of a studio apartment several years ago and one Summer the garbage collector unions went on strike and rank-ass trashbags piled up in the alley all the way to the second floor windows, and suddenly the entire building suffered from rat, mouse, cockroach, and bedbug infestations.

Needless to say, we all pretty much got the hell out of that place as soon as we could, but in the meantime we basically just had to deal with it as best as we could.

Anyway, long story cut short, I spent a good couple months stalking mice in my tiny-ass apartment and only ever actually was able to corner exactly ONE of them out of what was surely hundreds if not THOUSANDS of interlopers passing through my place.

So, yeah. Even when you're in a red-hot rage and ready to DESTROY the damned thing and wreck your every possession in the process (and I ASSURE you I did JUST that!), it's just not as easy as you seem to think.

Should Sam have been TOAST a million times over?

Probably.

Is is still plausible that he didn't get squished immediately every single time anyway?

Absolutely.

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Starscream wasn't just wanting to kill him though. He was tormenting him first. He wanted to terrify him by smashing stuff up before grabbing him with his bare hands and killing him. Had he just fired a few missles to quickly kill him and went on with his day, he'd had lived. But since Decepticons are typically thuggish in personality they rarely opt for efficent kills.

14. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

I didn't like it at all.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    A rather apt example.

But I don't think that Starscream was really trying to kill Sam as quickly as he could (at first, later on, yes). Think about the scene. Starscream is toying with Sam. He slowly waltzes after Sam and Carly. He is smashing the ground around Sam. He wants to see him suffer. He is mocking him. He is playing cat-and-mouse. He wants Sam to barely escape his clutches. Why? Because Starscream is arrogant. He gets joy out of watching those little fleshlings have a heart attack just trying to merely outrun Starscream. It's the typical pitfall of villains. "I'm so big and powerful and fast and you are so small and weak and slow that I'm just going to toy with you. Make you think you can escape! Ha ha! Oh, wait, I'm dead now."

If Starscream really wanted to kill Sam then and there, he probably could've, because, as you said, he's a walking jet with guns everywhere.

Good stuff, Hazekiah. :) 

As humans we are many times the size of mice. But if one is scampering around my backyard, I can't just "try and catch it". (One does not simply catch mice) It's weaving in and out of small spaces that I can't get to. It's zig-zagging around, preventing me from getting a 'lock' on it, as it were. Sure I could try to leap to the ground and hope that my size advantage comes into play, but it's not that simple. Now, trying to kill it, as we've said, is different. I could throw rocks and shoes at it and still miss. But I'd probably have better luck doing that. But Starscream wasn't trying to kill Sam (at first).

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Honestly catching a mouse is a bad example. Mice are much smaller than Sam's comparative size to starscream. A mouse is barely 2 -3 inches tall on its hind feet. Human's are usually at least 5 ft or more. Starscream is at most 35 feet tall while Sam is around 5 foot 6 or more. Id say trying to catch a kitten or small dog is a better comparison. Its hard, but not really difficult, especially for a fighter, someone who's been killing for YEARS.

I do get the Tom and Jerry of it tho. If it was Lennox or Epps, it would have been more believable. The Sam character just makes it seem unlikely and forced and all of the circumstances that had to be perfect for it to happen made it more unsatisfying.

17. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Dp

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    He died a pathetic death. (G1 SS's death was better)

19. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all deaths in dotm were handled terribly, ss's though was the most disgraceful imo

20. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

So true.....sadly!