Did Anyone Get Their Universe Ultra-Class Bruticus Yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 21, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I'm really excited about this figure. I noticed that this figure has started shipping from HTS and has already been recieved by a lucky few of you.

Can someone here who has recieved theirs PLEASE post pictures in this thread and/or do a review in the feedback thread? I can't afford this figure right now but, I'd like to drool over the pics of someone else's how has shipped recently. :thumbs2: 

THANKS!!!

2. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    No one has recieved this figure from HTS and wants to share pics with the class?

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I saw him in a specialty store in Toronto yesterday, sorry no pics though. He's ok I guess. Colouring is decent but not great, I'm not a big fan of that Cybertron mold though.

4. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Dammmn, at first I thought they released a combat vehicle combiner like G1 only for Universe line. I didn't know it was a Predacon hybrid. Boo!

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't received it yet, and it was shipped from HTS. At least that's what they tell me.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm still waiting for mine. Hasbro sent my stuff in this wonderful shipping method called smarpost...

I may be a while...

7. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Ok.....well, to those of you who are still waiting can you PLEASE post some pics in this thread and/or do a review in the feedback forum?

8. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have him and love him, however I'm still working on my light box so pictures will have to wait. Once I have some good shots I'll post them. I'll have to peruse the review forum to see how reviews are done before I start writing mine. I want to make sure the review is useful.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Got him on monday; only $21.56 charged from hts. That was a sweet promo in december.

Decided to go for it since I have the original, looking at them both side by side in beast mode you can really see why the mold is appropriate. As those shoulder flaps and horns match those on rid bruticus's main head.

I've enjoyed the mold extensivesly since I picked up universe Bruticus, cybertron cryo Scouge, legends Scourge, and legends Hun Gurr.

The molded detailing on the ultras reminds me a lot of the 1986 transformers movie art style for the quintessa monsters or the inside of unicron.

10. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
  11. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
  12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Does this mold have any wrist articulation? I always hate it when the hands are at a postition that doesn't work with the elbows

13. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    No wrist articulation. The forearm turns but not the wrist: meaning it poses well but once you put the axe in a hand peg it can be frustrating to make it look dynamic, he can't do the legendary axe slung over the shoulder look without that!

Two thing that offsets this problem is that the legs have really good ratcheting extentions for wide stances and the axe itself can turn 360 degrees below the purple "blade" and ratchet up and down a full 180 degrees.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw one the other day at my local Comic Shop but I passed. It is a nice repaint though.

15. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Anyone get theirs yet? Wanna share some action pics and/or a review?

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's plenty of pics around and this mold has been around for years, so I'm not going to set up for pictures, but here's a few thoughts about mine.

LOVE the decision to revisit a third-string character. Even though we're making the transition from a dog to a dragon, it's clear some thought went into it. Hats off for such a cool and obscure reference.

The panels on the forearms that flip up to release or retract the fists pop off on every single transformation, no matter how careful you are with them. The lack of wrist and waist articulation really stands out, and shows you just how much better TF designs in general have become in recent years.

I'm a huge Cybertron fan, but this mold is showing its age and just doesn't hold up against the engineering we see in the movie, Universe, and TFA lines. I recommend it only if you don't have any other version of the mold... and even then, you might prefer the more uniform color scheme of the original or cryo releases.

17. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Thanks for your thoughts......I appreciate it. Anyone else care to add?