Did anyone get the TMNT movie figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darkravager, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I loved the Turtles when I was a kid, so when the new movie came out I couldn't decide if I wanted to get a set of turtles or not.

I decided to just get one set of the Turtles, plus the Shredder and a foot ninja. This has led me to two questions.

First: Has anyone tried to adjust Mikey's mask ends? His is the only turtle's mask that points over his left shoulder, while the other three have mask's that blow over their right shoulder. I was going to try the boiling water method to move the ends of Mikey's mask, but I didn't know if it would work.

Second: Does anyone know if the rest of the line is coming out? I want that Shredder figure. It's been a really long time since the first wave came out, and I would have thought they'd get the rest of the line out before the summer movie toys take over.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Leo, Ralph, and Splinter. I still need a nice looking Don and Mikey. I have seen Max Winters, the female ninja in black, and various monsters in stores. Still waiting for Shredder too.

3. Darkravager

Do you not the single packed Don? I really like that figure. I think he looks really cool. As for a Mikey, try the 2-pack one. The single packed one looks really goofy, but the one that's in a 2 pack with one of the generals looks good. Of course, his head scuplt is really close to Don's, so if you don't like the Donatello figure, you might be out of luck if they don't do any more waves.

4. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm OK with the single Don and Mickey, it's just the paint QC on those two are very hit-and-miss compared to Leo and Ralph. I always find a flaw on the figure and end up putting it back. Eventually i'll have to bite the bullet and just be happy with whatever's left if I wait to long.

5. Darkravager

That's for sure. I spent a long time searching for Raph and Mikey, and I finally just got Raph off BBTS and snagged a two pack Mikey because I can't stand the huge eyes and big grin on the single packed one.

It seemed like almost overnight all the Turtles just disappeared around here at least. I hear ya on the paint though. It took me a long time to find a Leo that didn't have a lazy eye.

6. Darkravager

So no one else got any of these?

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

eh

Regarding the TMNT toys, I was scared the other night me and my gf were in the isle and instead of saying Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the lady said TMNT like she did not know what it ever stood for, it was very very scary, the figures look neat I have been tempted to get the Succubus bat thing.

I know that is what they are pitching the movie as and it was always the abbreviation but to not actually hear the words, but just the abbreviation it was creepy, and reminded me of the lack of education and the onslaught of mental downsizing on earth.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yes

[​IMG]

9. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wanted to get the Turtles, or at least Leo. But I took a look at them and didn't really like 'em from what I saw of the paint and plastic used. Especially the Four Generals. They were so badass looking in the movie but I personally think the ball was dropped when it came to their figure potential. I did buy Karai and a bunch of Foot Ninjas, though. And when they go on clearance, I'm buying a swarm.

[​IMG]

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

11. Darkravager

The paint and plastic really aren't too bad IMO if you can find one that has a good paint job. I do agree about the generals being bad.

What do you think of Karai? I think I might get her too, but it looks like she doesn't have any articulation.

12. butz

butz slippery when wet

I need to get more foot soldiers ... only got 2 so far ... want something like 20 of them.

13. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    After picking up the Karai and Foot, I agree that things aren't that bad. I guess I'm just picky that Leo didn't look as cool as he did in the flick. ^_^

As for Karai, she looks pretty cool but the articulation is weird. Her legs have hip articulation, that's it. And her elbow joints are the funky angled swivel things, so unless you have her arms bent at 90 degrees or straight it looks like their broken. :/

14. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

Do the foot soldiers come with the same swords as leo? i'm looking for swords for my deadpool custom

15. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    They're different swords.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    After seeing the movie nostalgia hit and it made me want to at least get the Turtles...I need to do it quick.