Did anyone get any good deals at Botcon in the dealer room?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by unicron's blues, Jul 3, 2007.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Seems like every table I checked out everything was so overpriced it wasnt even funny. And the selection didnt seem to be all that great, there was a lot of stuff from the past few years but as far as like some of the G1 japanese stuff I was looking for it seemed in short demand, anyone else feel this way? I still bought some stuff but I still had plenty of money at the end.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Over-priced and unexciting seems to be the theme for this year's room. Bring back the fall shows! :) 

NOTE: From a lot of Botcon veterans (attendee of at least 3 or more shows) this was one of the most disappointing dealer rooms ever.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got a few good deals, not many. I was in the market for a Ravage statue(that I didnt get). One table had it for $65.00 another table for only $25.00(Rework). Last year one guy was selling them at $15.00. Still I was able to get some much needed G1 and japanese parts.

4. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well I just remember seeing the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp Target two pack that I'd gotten for $5 when they were practically giving them away at Target and places wanted $40 for them, from that I knew it was pretty much a crapshoot.

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I was disappointed in the dealer room, but I still had a good time. Of course the Japanese dealers had good deals, but you had to be at the right place at the right time to get them. On Sunday Wizards Realm did a huge blow-out on their Hard Hero statues.

6. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not sure about deals, but I only had 3 items on my "Hit-List" and I only found 1 of them;

Robot Heroes Decepticon Sneak Attack Set - Got it
    Robo Vision Prime - The dealer I got the above item from had him, but for a stupid $40
    Energon Jetfire Gun - Found loads of complete Jetfires, but I just wanted the gun.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

as a first timer, basically everything I saw I figured was business as usual. what does this mean? well, I saw price gouging, lots of beat up vintage figures, and tons of carded beast wars, cybertron, and movie figures. not exactly exciting or interesting.

8. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Hmmm. Wierd to hear all the disappointment... Speaking as a dealer, I did really well. My overall target was 20% higher than last year and I hit that Saturday night. In fact, I packed up a lot and let one of my partners take over most of my table space on Sunday, so I could walk around and enjoy the con!

Have to admit that I really didn't spend all that much time looking at the other dealer's tables... There just wasn't much I was looking for.

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Deefuzz got a mint with card G1 Cosmos for $10. It's sweet.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    One guy at a God Neptune for only $50.00.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Traded my Mirage, Weirdwold, and $30 for Masterpiece Megs and Star Convoy reissue. Not the greatest deal, but I think I came out ahead.
    Oh, and a Roadbot for $8.

-Tony!

12. prime1701

prime1701 Well-Known Member

I agree. Not that many dealers and high prices.

13. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had mentioned this on another thread, but it was such an excellent bargain:
    I wish I remember the name of the person who sold it to me, but the boxed G1 Sixshot I got for only $45, missing just one of his guns was the BEST deal I came across all weekend..and this was only 10 minutes after entering the dealer room for the first time on Sat!..excellent C9 condition, and considering that it was priced at $85 originally, he said, "if ya buy it now, I'll sell it to you for that price." I got stopped numerous times by people who saw the price on the box, wondering if it was empty or broken, it wasnt though. Great deal.

I did get a MISB Binaltech Silverstreak for $40, which was excellent, considering some folks were selling them for $60, $70..even one person who had them for $100 a piece! Its a hit or miss thing. YOu really need to walk around and scope EVERYTHING out and compare, never impulse buy, I think thats the key to getting a good deal, and doing a little price research before going to the convention.

And at the TFSOURCE table I picked up 2 Blitzwing recolors, one for me and one for a friend of mine; $40 originally but if you bought 2 or more, $35 a piece. Nice figure also.

14. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Funny I tried to offer my Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf two pack as a trade for Masterpiece Megs and the dealer wouldn't take it... oh welll

15. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

Though I don't view it as a good deal, I picked up the Sportslabels set for $80 (I just can't justify $40 for each).

I picked up two of the clear versions of the Car Brothers for $20 each (left Prowl because I didn't know if the figure originally came with missile launchers). I picked up a sealed Beast Wars Thrustol for $20.

16. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Got Hard Hero busts, Devastator, Soundwave, Prowl, Grimlock, Gold Bumblebee Statue, Ironhide, and two others I can't remember right now for only $95. The first two were only $10 each. :D  Gotta love Sunday.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Barricade Zip Zap from Radio Shack.... :3

18. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

I got a pretty good deal from the Fuzi. But I always get great deals from him

Masterpiece Megatron
    Atariscream
    Sparkbots
    Hybrids THS Black Convoy
    Both Lio Jr puzzle variants

All for $250

19. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Machine Wars Starscream $15
    Beast Machines Tankor $5
    RID X Brawn (original deco) $5
    3 Souvenier Sets $450.00 (1 I kept, 1 I sold, 1 is on Ebay)
    Superlink Exclusive Magma type Cruellock $14
    Superlink Exclusive Green Insecticon $14
    8 WST for $5 and $10 approx $60 or less total

20. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went last year, not this year, but even then most of the prices were too high overall, like higher than ebay high. There was one vendor though that had a big display and was from Ohio that had very fair prices. In fact. most of their stuff sold too, imagine that.