Did anyone else like The Fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cosbydaf, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I thought he was a pretty good character, who got the short end of the stick. He seemed menacing at first, and Tony Todd's voice acting really brought him to life. The scene with him, Megatron and Starscream on the Nemesis was my favorite scene of the movie, simply because we FINALLY got to see the villains get some characterization.

His announcement to the world was creepy, and I was surprised to see him actually being one of the Decepticons attacking the aircraft carrier. Unfortunately, this was right before the second half of the film, and immediately after that scene everything else takes the back seat to the hour long wild goose chase.

And then we got to the ending battle, which was so cramped he had barely any time to do anything. Even so, I thought his duel with Prime was great, very savage and intense. It felt like if Prime didn't have Jetfire's parts, Fallen might have won. And his death was certainly memorable, I'd call it a triple fatality.

2. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Megs does a good job. No need for the Fallen, at least not as a superior. I am not well versed in the TF mythos, when I first heard about the Fallen, I thought he was some kind of DemiGod that would force Autobots and Decepticons to work together.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I liked him alot.

Which brings me to the only thing I didn't like about the movie, NOT ENOUGH THE FALLEN! I hope he becomes a major character in the franchise after this movie, he was pretty cool, he didn't do alot but what he did exploded in awesomeness.

4. Cosbydaf

Megatron was probably the best character in the movie. True, he didn't need a superior, but seeing how that's what we got, I thought The Fallen was alright.

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Didn't like the Fallen. His whole relation with Megatron sucked to me..really downgraded how cool Megatron was..

I'm not against the idea of the Fallen 'pulling the strings' but I'd rather have him do it more in secret..maybe even without Megatron knowing he is influenced.

6. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I dig the tribal look he has! His head looks like some sorf of aztek mask. I wish he didn't have to go down in the movie of his first appearance, but maybe its a way for Megatron to transend and be even greater than his old master.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, except his head was clearly a pharaoh head. :) 

8. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oh well arnt you Mr.Mc-Smart-Pants? :D 

9. Cosbydaf

His "crown" reminds me of a Pope's hat, it's a very similar shape.

10. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

i really liked him, but as furman would (annoyingly) say, he was surplus to requirement. he didnt do much, but he did some of the coolest nothing ive ever seen. he rocked in every way, but just didnt get the screentime he needed to make him what he should have been. i even thought tony todd sounded creepier in this than in candyman. one of the most horrific deaths ive ever seen, in any movie.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Definately liked him. He was the Unicron to Megatron's Galvatron.

12. Cosbydaf

Most accurate description I've seen yet!

He reminds me a lot of General Grievous. Awesome looking character that doesn't get to do much, and is defeated way too easily. But at least The Fallen didn't cough the whole time.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The Fallen gave some background on the Transformers history and also explained why earth is so important to the battle between Decepticons and Autobots.
    I just wished the Fallen did not forget to use his telekinesis on Optimus so that the fight would have been more interesting instead of one sided.

14. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Was there even enough of him in the movie to like? He got slightly more screentime than Sideswipe.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The Fallen was portrayed as a weakling against Optimus even though the Fallen was supposed to have telekinesis. The Fallen could not even hold on to his own spear. I also cannot believe you can make Megatron shoot himself. The movie seemed like it was just in a hurry to get it over with and the last fight was just nonsense.

16. Cosbydaf

Keep in mind, this is "Bayformers" we're talking about. It's nothing short of a miracle that we saw him prior to the final battle and that he got to speak at all.

I think he got quite a bit of screentime for a character who wasn't recognizable like Prime, Bumblebee, or Megatron.

17. Hooligan

Hooligan Active Member

I wanted to really like him as I thought there was a lot of potential there, but the way it all played out, it just felt like they could have just as easily put Megatron in the role and it would have worked.

I think he might have worked better if they had made him the focal point of the story: Like Megatron & Starscream were searching for his tomb and trying to set him free.

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I liked him, but he fared very poorly against Prime (even when considering the prophecy and Jetfire parts). To me, he was wasted potential. I mean, he showcased his god-like powers with NEST, but did little to spread more fear and destruction.

I mean if he didn't do that, I guess they should've showed him being obsessed with the Suncrusher or at least show his overconfidence/arrogance. The whole time Sam and company were trying to revive Prime, could've been spent with him trying to interfere with the whole plan.

Anyways, cool design, voice actor, and theme, but overall lacked that extra oomph to make him a memorable adversary. Also, I had no idea how he was set free when I remember him being stuck in limbo in IDW's Defiance movie prequel series. I guess, maybe the upcoming will shed some light. I hope.

19. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Being a fan of Aliens Story line seeing the fallen attached to those wires and tubes made him look so alien and scary.

He would have been a great character to keep until Megatron betrays him later on in 3 4 5 or 6

Hmmmm where have I seen this before?!:wink: 

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I sure didn't. He got beated up by Prime very quicly, did nothing at most of the movie, and just showed up at the end, plus he was very cartoony at not menacing at all.