Did anyone else get this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFfanmaiku, Feb 29, 2012.

1. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

So Crave.com is shutting down and has been sold off...but there's a silver lining.

If you liked Crave, you're going to love ShelfLife!

As a user who's invested time and energy into helping build the Crave community, I'm sure you're wondering what comes next.

The answer is: ShelfLifeX.com.

ShelfLife is the future of collecting. Currently in open beta, ShelfLife provides excellent collection management tools, and we'll be launching our next generation marketplace in April 2012. You can start transferring your collection over to ShelfLife and be ready to go with a much improved functionality set vs. Crave later this spring.

Unlike Crave, we don't charge buyers a 10% fee. Instead, sellers can sell one item each month for free, and pay 6% on further sales. That's almost 50% less than eBay and similar platforms. Buyers pay no fees to ShelfLife, as it should be.

Ultimately, our goal is build a perfect record of every collectible on earth, and an amazing community around that encyclopedic knowledge. So far, ShelfLife's recorded most of the Transformers catalogs. A good chunk of the G.I. Joe, Marvel, DC, Barbie, and Star Wars catalogs are either launched, or on their way. LEGO, MTG, designer vinyl, vintage skateboards...we'll have it all. And unlike Crave, ShelfLife lets you track products down to the item/parts level, making for far more efficient matching of buyers and sellers via your Haves & Wants.

ShelfLife catalogs are built by volunteer site admins called Curators. If we're missing a catalog that you know a lot about, consider becoming a curator by reading up over here and then getting in touch:

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Here's a peek at just some of what's coming down the pipeline:

- Tools to export your ShelfLife collection as eBay auctions and message board BST threads.
    - SL Mobile will allow you to bar code scan your collection, and simultaneously contribute to a Google Maps-based sightings system.
    - SL Subscriptions will allow you to track only the catalogs that matter to you, and to pre-order entire catalogs from vendors at discounted rates, months before products hit the shelves.

As the CEO of ShelfLife, I'm personally inviting you to take a look at our site, and contribute to the ongoing discussion by contacting the ShelfLife team at everyone@shelflifex.com with your comments, concerns, questions and suggestions.

Our team is experienced and self-sufficient, and our site isn't going anywhere. So check us out and spread the word!

p.s. Given all the Haves you had on Crave, you may want to use the Mass Have button (look for the H on catalogue pages) on ShelfLife to speed up your transfer!

James Chillcott
    CEO
    ShelfLife
    Leaving Facebook... | Facebook How To Be A Shelf Life Curator: Video - Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussionwww.cybertron.ca

How To Be A Shelf Life Curator: Video Transformers General Discussion

2. TFfanmaiku

No one got this email?

3. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, there has been a thread about this already made like 3 days ago when it first happened.

4. TFfanmaiku

Im talking about the email

5. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I didn't get this specific email, but I did get the email from Crave saying they were shutting it down. Only reason I know about Shelf Life, is because I was searching for something and that link took me to Cybertron.ca, and there was an Ad on the right side....or was it the thread I saw there. I dunno...either way, I hope Shelf Life takes off. I already registered.