Did anyone else find this disturbing about the leaked movie script? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chronoshock, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Chronoshock

Chronoshock Member

I meant to post this a long time ago but I forgot until now.

There's a scene where Sector Seven brings a baby transformer to life, it tries to escape, and then they kill it. There's also scorch markes indicating they've done this many times. I know it's a machine and all, but in Transformers we're supposed to believe they're people too.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I see what you mean, and I agree with you, but then again, this is a fictional branch of the Armed forces, so they could be the one's that happen to specialize in weird experiments that society wouldn't normally aprove of. This brings up one question to my mind. What does a baby TF look like?

3. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Maybe Sunstreaker as represented in Lil Formers? (probably whining about his paint job)

Yeah. What is a baby Transformer? A mini-Con?

4. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Wow, that does sound creepy.

5. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

This makes me think the movie will suck. Baby Transformers!? Give me a break.

6. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    No need for flamebaiting.

- TFW2005 Staff

7. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Do you have to be an asshole regarding a thread I posted? Frankly I find it rude you'd post in this thread with no contribution regarding the OP. I was simply getting transformer fan's opinion on scalpers. And the funny thing is most of the people agreed that scalpers/hoarders suck.

8. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Maybe he means mini transformers.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Totally not cool, man. Be cool.

Back on topic, that does indeed sound horrendous, but I have to wonder how they brought a TF to life? Do they possess the matrix or something? Otherwise, it was probably not truly alive like the TFs we know and love.

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Allspark = movie matrix

and it was kinda cool, made me chuckle, and that's what counts.

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Perhaps someone is exploring the dichotomy of the Autobots and Decepticons as reflected in Humanity?

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Yes, that's the important thing here, the "baby" transformers....

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

These "babies" (it's just a descriptive word people, don't read too much into it!) hardly seem to constitute a significant part of the story so I don't see it as anything other than a way of establishing how ruthless SECTOR 7 is in pursuit of it's goals and what the ALLSPARK actually does. Expedient writing: Facts established without dreary expositionary dialogue.

One word attributed to a dated script leads you to think the movie will suck? That positive test screening makes me think it'll be great.

14. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

It's not a baby TF, it's only small because they used an iPod as the basis for it. It's a real gear TF, if you will.

In this scene even before they create the robot they make it pretty clear everything they've managed to create with the cube so far has been dangerous - they mention people were killed during the experiments, it's the justification for the fact they have a weapon installed to blow them up - and indeed the iTransformer turns out to be a savage little bastard.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Looking forward to seeing this. One thing I like about the movie is the concept of Sector 7; that they view all Transformers pretty much as test subjects, and have no regard for their lives. It'll make their inevitable destruction all the more satisfying to watch.

16. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

QFT

It seems that when human made technology is zapped by the Allspark it makes the resulting TF extremely volatile and uncontrollable, almost feral.

It wasn't a cute little baby TF, it was a crazy little thing.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Frenzy? :) 

I held off on reading the script... seems like the thing to do if I want to give the movie a fair shake (plus knowing everything that happens in a film before it happens sucks... I don't know how people watch movies that way).

However, hearing stuff like this does put me off. When I heard early rumours of the Allspark turning ordinary machines into transformers, I thought that was pretty weak. I was hoping it was just an exaggerated rumour... guess not. Bleah.

As for exterminating "baby" transformers... pfah. Doesn't bother me. This isn't a kid's film. Humans kill things. Nothing new there. :) 

zmog

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    its not something that was intentionally created anyways, at least thats how I read it. it's someone's ipod. they ask him to put it in a special machine, where it transforms and is killed.

it was a decepticon trying to sneak in.

19. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

No, but then again I didn't/still don't believe ANYTHING about that script. Besides that, I didn't/still don't want anything that may be remotely true in that script to ruin the experience of watching the finished product.

20. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Nonono! They deliberately create it from the iPod to demonstrate what they know of the allspark's power. It's a perfectly normal iPod before that.