Did anybody catch this hint in DOTM’s final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 9, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    When Megatron attacks Sentinel, it almost immediately cuts away to Dylan and Sam at the pillar. Dylan is seen staring at something in shock before he turns around, and when he shouted at Sam he seemed generally frustrated (as if there was something wronf). Thus I think he might have seen his master brawling it out and wrecking the own plan, in which case he was finished, whatever happened.

Am I the only one who saw this, or is it just me?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    not sure what it was supposed to be hinting at...?

3. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im pretty sure thats the scene where Dylans staring at the pillar and listening to sentinals plea when he asks him/decepticons to reactivate the pillar.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    What I mean is that Dylan was watching Sentinel and Optimus duke it out, and then was shocked at seeing Sentinel's "partner" Megatron charge into battle and attack him, saving Optimus.

When you just sold out the human race for your own survival, and you see the guys you're working for fighting with each other and basically bringing down their plan (which you collaborated on), it should mean that now you're effectively screwed. You can't escape or go back, and now there's a guy with a bar behind you. I thought Dylan knew he was screwed then and there, and was yelling at Sam out of sheer frustration (he didn't know what to do next).

I'm the only one who sees it probably.

5. Rumbleburst02

Rumbleburst02 Well-Known Member

I think he was just staring at the pillar and/or Cybertron. Plus all the other autobots attack the pillar instead of going to help Optimus, so I don't think they could see him.

6. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not necessarily a bad observation, actually. I totally see where you're coming from. I'd agree, actually, except that after Optimus violates Megatron's arsehole, all the other characters approaching seem to be coming from quite a ways away, which would suggest that by now the Primes' fight had carried them well out of eyesight.

Still, that actually would have been cool for them to have done on purpose. Have a shot of Dylan from behind where you see him watching the fight, cut to Megs running in and tearing out all of Sentinel's innards, then back to the front shot of Dylan right before he freaks out on Sam. It would actually have given the movie a little more flow... Hmm.

Or am I just too "enlightened" at the moment, and just overthinking everything? lol