did any 84/85 character get shafted more than Buzzsaw?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by artiepants, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, Windcharger got two moments in the cartoon. One was "Fire in the Sky" with the Inca temple plot. Brawn and Windcharger took on Megs together. Windcharger was also a key plot mover in that ep where Megs duplicates Prime trying to lead the Autobots into that crystal field to destroy them. Windcharger reveals Megs scheme to the others.

I don't think Sideswipe got all that much attention in the cartoon. Yeah, he showed up a lot and said a couple of lines, but nothing really character defining. I don't think he really got a chance to shine until the DW issue with him and Sunstreaker.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    pssh Rodimus got the shaft he could have been something great and they made him emo. Though I still love him! I just hate how he was always "WHy I can't I be as great as Optimus?"

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    and Buzzsaws back in the lead!
    and Loand Prime his Jetpack in MTMTE p3! and wasn't he featured using his Rumble-style Piledrivers once???

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wasn't Windcharger also one of the "Autobot Stunticons" in the episode where Optimus and the others impersonated the Stunticons after capturing them?

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, you are correct.

As for the others, I believe it's a tie between "Frenzy" and Buzzsaw for least amount of coverage/appearances in G1. And the few they did have usually included their siblings in the appearances (i.e. Frenzy was with Rumble, Buzzsaw with Laserbeak)

6. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Overkill and Slugfest.

I know they're Season 3, but come on, they got ONE appearance. Not one episode, not one story arc, but *ONE ENTIRE SCENE*.

I take that back. Slugfest appeared in *TWO* scenes. One being ejected from Soundwave, the second standing with the other primitives (Call of the Primitives). But Overkill? ONLY ONE SCENE.

7. artiepants

News Credits:
    dang! and i don't think they ever appeared in the US comic, oother than on that Pat Lee soundwave lithograph.

I actually left season 3 and beyond out because that seemed to get into the time when there really were a lot of characters that got barely any face time, like the 86 minibots...

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gears really hasn't gaotten much play either. I'd throw Trailbreaker in the ring as well.

9. Cradok

Cradok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buzzsaw got to takedown Omega Supreme in what should have been the most one-sided battle ever. Then both promptly got downed by Underbasescream. Ah well.

10. Cradok

Cradok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buzzsaw got to takedown Omega Supreme in what should have been the most one-sided battle ever. Then both promptly got downed by Underbasescream. Ah well.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i put forward the omnibots.

so unappreciated apart from overdrive the other two (downshift and camshaft) are just considered repaint fodder and downshift's name often gets replaced by wheeljack.

brawn needs more love.

sideswipe did have some good moments. i can't remember but he wrestled starscream in the air and made him crash into some water

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Gears had an entire episode of the show devoted to him though, "Changing Gears," in which his gruff personality was replaced with a happy one, but he ended up just sounding really sarcastic. One of my favorite episodes. And he was the main character in that abysmal comic where he teamed up with Spiderman.

He also indirectly got a convention theme named after him last year, owing to the episode title being an appropriate fit for the new organizers.

13. Judgment Day

Judgment Day Energon Extractor No.533

I'm gonna throw a curveball to mention that the Dinobots actually got a brief shaft between the Desertion episode and the movie. If anyone noticed (based on production order), they never made an appearance in the second season since Desertion of the Dinobots, and the season wasn't even halfway over yet.

It also seems that Prowl wasn't shown as often as he should. Any episode he was in is brief in S2.

Acid pellet style.

PS: Hauler :p 

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    At least Frenzy made it to the movie.

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Snarl got the shaft..pretty much just disapeared in the movie and was forgotten.
    And Sunstorm..if he counts.
    And let's not forget poor Hauler, Trailblazer, and Splick.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    trailblazer and splick?

I vote for Hubcap and Pipes. they never showed up at all to the best of my knowledge. not in comics, and not in the TV show.

Skids was treated like shit, but at least he got some attention, and got some soapy lovin' from charlene (I think thats her name) in the comics.

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Pipes was in FFoD. Quite possibly the best part of FFoD actually.

"Blurr...Shut. UP!"

If only he had also shot Wheelie in the face..Pipes would be legend I tell you!

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Hubcap didn't show up for work because everyone kept calling him "less interesting Bumblebee". :) 

19. artiepants

News Credits:
    but he was a huge (probably the #1 featured non-leader Autobot) in the comics.
    lol :lol  ~ which is a bit of a shame, his Universe entry made him sound really interesting, since it made him sound like kind of a useless jerk.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah and Pipes was in that episode where the Quintessons trapped a group of Autobots in the past where they meet A3 (Young Alpha Trion) and saw their revolt against the Quints...and the one where Metroplex and Trypticon switch transformation cogs...can't remember the title of the episodes...

Oh and Pipes telling Blurr to shut up is one of the best moments in Season 3. He was just saying what all the other Transformers, and fans were thinking...