Diamond Select Toys To Expand Transformers Licence to Statues and Busts

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Diamond Select Toys has signed a deal to expand their Transformers and GIJoe licenses to other categories like statues and busts. This agreement will be in effect worldwide. Expect a press release to be made available shortly.

Like all Diamond products, you will be able to order these through your local comic book store, or purchase them at <a href="http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/" target="_blank">DiamondSelectToys.com</a>.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    do they do plushies?

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. As a completionist for TF statues, I'm extremely curious to see what they'll come up with. Palisades and HH had such divergent products, people tended to gravitate toward one or the other. Unless Diamond comes up with very unique and differing products from F4F, I wonder if the market can sustain two companies representing the same franchise.

Also, with the release of their first item in the line (Battlefield Prime and Megs) being pushed further and further back, I'm wondering how F4F is doing. I'm hoping their BW busts and G1 statues come to fruition.

Not terribly excited about Diamond, though... the auto & decept wall plaquards, "motion globe" items, and recently revealed Soundwave and tapes (I think those were all Diamond) certainly leave something to be desired.

Joel at BBTS told me a few weeks back that he was contacted by his Previews representative to confirm how many of the assumed-cancelled Palisades Devastator and Ravage he wanted, so perhaps those might be some of the first releases from Diamond?

4. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    This is good news but I always hoped Hard Hero would produce more BW statues like that great Rhinox. Hard Hero probably did not renew their licence.

I am sad Palissade Toys has closed, however I never liked their TF sculpts, so Diamond has a chance of doing a better job there.

Lets hope Diamond does some BW statues.

Greenspan

5. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    i missed out on those wall plaques. but i'm getting the matrix. i'm hoping to get the heart of cybertron as a statue as well. not sure what would accompany it though, considering we're already getting the key to vector sigma.

also hoping for 1:1 scale golden discs done in bronze.

i'm not very keen on the busts, simply because they dont transform and i lack space for them. if i had a bigger space and bigger wallet, i'd welcome them with open arms.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    That's what I heard from a online friend who works with Diamond, much like Diamond paid for the Invader Zim Voot Cruiser and Zim 5-pack releases, they were looking to do the same with teh unreleased TF statues.

Word of warning though, I got my Voot today and the 5 pack last week....the colors are all off and the paint aps are less than stellar...these pieces never went through final licensor approval before being released.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is similar to what I've heard as well. Some of the problems is that Palisades quality control never went through it's final phases on these products so the quality may be off some.