Diakron Multi-Force 14 Robot (NS56K)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bendimus Prime, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So I decided to drop by a local secondhand store today, and while looking through their stuff, ran into this for $30:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't even know about Diakron until after I found this. I just saw Takara on the side of the box and Micromen on the package so I figured it must be related to TFs in some way. After checking online I guess this was a short line before Hasbro released some of the same figures as Transformers. In the second image you can see Sunstreaker, Ironhide, and Trailbreaker in their Diaclone colors.

The vehicles are in very nice shape, with only a little sticker wear and some chrome loss. The missiles and launchers are in good shape and they both still fire. It is missing a Microman, and any instructions if it came with any (there are short combining instructions on the back of the box, I figured out the rest by looking at the image on the front). It also came with a few extra parts:
    [​IMG]
    Some kind of black connector pegs (and the plastic frames they were punched out of), and a pair of red wings that apparently become legs for another Diakron figure, Aragon.

I can't seem to find out much about these online, does anyone have any more info?

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I love this guy, I have a few Kronoform/Diakron copies of him. This one has all the diaclone drivers and fig and box look in tip top shape too, congrats!

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I'm almost sure mine came with 5 diaclone drivers?

Good deal though, because the drivers alone usually go for more than that.

4. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great find, wish mine still looked like that, I've had this guy since i was 8, and he don't look as good anymore :D 

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Those 'red wings' (actually legs) aren't from a Diakron figure at all; they're the legs from Bandai's Machine Robo Jet Robo (or the GoBot Fitor, whichever version that is).

And excellent find on the Multi-Force fig. I actually have the Grandstand Convertor version of that fig, called Alphatron (basically the same thing without the mini-figures), and it's brilliant fun.

If you're interested in finding out more about the pre-Transformers Ciaclone line (which is the original Takara line that many TFs came from, as well as this guy), here's a couple of good sites:
    DIACLONE NET(OP)ƒ_ƒCƒAƒNƒ�ƒ“
    Pre-Transformers!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Let's just say it looks familiar. :wink: