Diaclone?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    ive always heard people refer to the diaclone transformers. but i am completly confused by what they exactly are. are they like early bootleg transformers in japan? and ive also heard that ultra magnus origined from diaclone. is this true? could someone please give me the histroy of the diaclone line? thanks alot!

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

A quick google search and I found this :) 

This site should answer all your Diaclone questions

Although the link will explain it better.Essentially Diaclone/Machine Robo/Microman were what early G1 was based on.Basic the series 1 & 2 G1 toys(1984-1985) were from those 3 lines

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Diaclone was the original Japan line that Hasbro brought over and renamed Transformers.

They also brought over another line called Microman, and mixed the two together. Generally, the early cars, dinobots, jets, constructicons, insecticons, and Optimus/Magnus are Diaclone. The mini-cars, Megatron, Soundwave, Reflector, Perceptor, Blaster are from Microman. There are more than what I listed, but you get the idea.

www.diaclone.net (not in english, but has a complete list of the toys with pictures)
    www.microforever.com

4. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    hmm, all this time i was led to believe that transformers was souly an American creation

5. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope. Toys (with drivers) were a mediocre line in Japan. Hasbro wrote a new story combining Takara's Microman toys (Megs, Soundwave) with Takara's Diaclones (Prime, cars) to create the Transformers. We traded little drivers for faction symbols and the rest, as they say, is history. :) 

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the toys were originally Japanese stuff imported to the US, but with a backstory to weave it all together. The backstory was a wholely American creation, and from that standpoint you could say that side of TF is wholely American, since in Japan the tendency had always been towards piloted mecha. Tetsujin 28, Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, Zambot, all of them were driven / piloted not sentient.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's funny: In the West, a large number of ignorant people believe that Transformers is "anime" and thereby another example of Japanese culture invading American/Western homes.

Meanwhile, in Japan, the ignorant people insist that Transformers are an American thing. :D 

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    it's actually a blend of japanese, and american.
    the toys, and the animation are japanese (toei animation, ie: Dragonball Z)
    the story and the lenthened non-firing safety missiles are american

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    They do that in reference to the new stuff. It is very 'anime'ish.

They do that in reference to the old G1 stuff. It was very american.

In my opinion, the american stuff was/is way better. That may be because I am an american.