Diaclone VS transformer counterparts price check

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheMaster, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TheMaster

TheMaster Member

Do the diaclone versions of transformers tend to be more or less? what is the normal price difference between diaclones and their Transformer brothers? Assuming each were MIB what would Trainbot (aka Raiden), Super Convoy (aka Ultra Magnus), or the dinobots go for?

--The Master

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Diaclone is pretty much always worth more, especially MIB. As for how much, it depends on the figure.

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Those you mentioned are really hard to find MIB. The rarity of them can drive ebay auctions crazy.

Hard to price what someone will be willing to pay. But it would be much more than the TF versions.

4. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Most the time if there is a color difference between the two then the Diaclone will be more than the Transformer version (Dialone Swoop, 280 ZX Bluestreak). However Diaclone's most of the time did not come with tape on the ends, so a MISB Sideswipe goes for more than a MIB Diaclone Red Lamborghini LPS500. But for boxed complete Transformer to a MIB diaclone, the Diaclone wins out. For loose on both (again same model) then the Diaclone will go for a little more if you can prove that it is a Diaclone. There are always exceptions though. I find that a MIB Transformer Raiden giftset goes for more than the same 1st series Diaclone giftset of the trainbot (These were released in two color schemes). Another one that seems to break the rule is Browning.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Going on what what DoubleClouder mentioned I have noticed the Red Sunstreaker really doesn't sell for much more than a TF Sunstreaker. However in piecing my incomplete one together, finding the parts has been incredibly difficult and typically people want more for the weapons than TF Sunstreaker's.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Also you have to keep in mind the availabilty of the figures. In the US it will be easier to find a red Sunstreaker, black Ironhide, and blue Trailbreaker. These were released in the Diakron line, so right off the bat, these three are easier to find the the US. In general all the Japanese release/box Diaclones are all equally hard to find. Even though people don't think it, it is just as hard to find a black hooded Bluestreak as it is to find a blue/silver Bluestreak. Its just that there is more demand for the blue/silver. From people I talked to, who live in Japan, they say it is actually harder to get the black hooded version since it came out later. It just tends to be that figures that are different than the Transformer version, get bought up faster. Other ones that are hard to find are the Marboor Wheeljack, red Tracks, and the Hoist/Skids giftset. Again these came out later then the rest of the figures and are just harder to find in general. The only figures that I know of that are by far even rare in Japan the Micron cassette giftset and the DX Powered Convoy Set (red Mirage, black Sideswipe, red/blue/chrome Magnus). Even in Japan these demand extrodinarly high prices.

7. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

what would the diaclone constructicons go for?

8. doomgaze_86

doomgaze_86 Well-Known Member

Hmm.. How much would a MIB C8 Diaclone Inferno and a MIB C8 Red Hoist go for? I haven't really seen a lot of these on eBay so I'm not sure what I should sell them for...