Customs: "Diaclone Returns" Botcon style boxart

Discussion in 'Requests' started by lotussouljah, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

I would like to request the skilled people here on tfw2005.com for some boxart on a project I'm working on. So here's my story:

As you may remember, WhiteMocha did a fantastic thread on some digibashes last year (found here). The subject was various boxset ideas for Botcon 2010. I was very enamored with a particular boxset, Diaclone Returns. With WM's blessings, I have decided to turn these digibashes into a reality by commissioning various artists. That ball is on the roll. You may find my list of Diaclone returns and other projects on my thread here.

Radicon nellie131 made an awesome suggestion of completing the custom toys with a realistic, Botcon looking official box. I think that's just sweet. I'm currently in talks with PrimalArchangel about making the box, but I need some boxart!

So that's my story, will there be anyone interested in creating a Botcon style (it's going to be big) boxart with my Diaclone toys as the featured theme? I would love to see some black and white pencil sketches as colours have not been finalized yet. It doesn't have to say Hasbro or Botcon, for obvious copyright infringement. I just wanna see art. I'm more partial to the Shattered Glass style with the characters duking it out than last year's Wings of Honour (too easy and simple).

If anyone is interested, please put up a post on this thread (no pm sorry, my inbox is brimming on full) and we shall discuss. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I would like to state right here and now, that the artist's work better be established, this project is not for the rookies or faint-hearted! This has to be some serious serious art!! :D 

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read! I hope to hear from talented and ambitious people soon!

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    epic man could be a better box set than this years official one! mind you im not a fan of G2 so it deffo will be!

3. lotussouljah

Haha I love that you found this. I'm not huge on G2 either, mainly cause of the colour schemes. Strange, even though I grew up on G2 with my eggplant camo Bruticus duking it out with Superion...which I can't even to compare to any colour in real life.

Thanks again for your idea and support man. This is going to be HUGE.

4. lotussouljah

Bump-a-lump. Come on guys, this is history in the making! You can draw an epic Diaclone battle scene or something! :D 

5. lotussouljah

One more bump before I start chasing down some artists myself!!! :D 

6. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I think you might have found one. :) 

- Alty

7. lotussouljah

I think I did. :D  Nothing but the best of the best, cream of the crop, the tip top, best under the sun Altitron!!