Diaclone Powered Convoy and G1 Artfire repro stickers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Ginrai, May 4, 2011.

1. EVOLVE

EVOLVE Lord Waruder

POST it..don't pot it! :p 

2. EVOLVE

EVOLVE Lord Waruder

Ah...just to be precise.....The mekki has large stickers on lower part of legs that don't seem to be present in the regular version..correct?

3. EVOLVE

EVOLVE Lord Waruder

AND...the mekki has been produced single boxed and in the PCDX set

4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Francesco,

I am not a member of the Diaclone/Microman group so you will have to post it there yourself.

Also if you are referring to the big stickers that go on the ramps (Magnus's shins - black on PC and white on Ultra Magnus) then yeah it looks like those stickers were only introduced for the mekki version. You can tell as the Powered Convoy Diaclone boxart (see below) does not have those stickers in the art or on box photography.

Anyway, here are the two stickersheet scans:

Grey-trailered Powered Convoy stickersheet for GiG Powered Convoy (red and blue cabbed, no chrome) and Japanese Powered Convoy (no chrome):

[​IMG]

Chrome/white trailered Powered Convoy stickersheet for Japanese mekki Powered Convoy single packed and PCDX version:

[​IMG]

...and just for fun a picture of my old MIB unused GiG Powered Convoy, the mintest Powered COnvoy I have ever seen, and the only one I've seen with the clear plastic cover still over the toy so it hadn't ever been removed or accessed. Absolutely magnificent.

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. EVOLVE

EVOLVE Lord Waruder

I guess your "old buddy" is not for sale,right? :(  I have a couple of frinds with italian PCs like that but it's extremely rare to find one in those conditions,besides the cab's color.I fortunately have other uber-rare specimens in C9-C10 conditions such as GiG's Fortress-X.GiG was form my hometown,Florence (FIRENZE in italian).If I could only imagine when I was a kid some toys could be so pricey I could have tons for cheaper.I remmeber during the early 90s people were treating GiG Diaclone TRASFORMER line like trash.Everybody was chogokin-centered or concerned about Micronauts (distributed by GiG too).So you could find italian cars for cheap in warehouses.Unfortunately my interest for the whole Transformers world grew up later. Poor me!

6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I remember when the GiG Auto Robot cars were all over eBay and weren't selling for even $150, and now they command upwards of $300, which to me still seems completely ridiculous. There seem to be a lot of high-paying serious Diaclone buyers on eBay now, I hope they find what they are looking for and move on soon :lol 

I am afraid I sold that GiG Powered Convoy many years ago, I think I sold it to Puffmarko on eBay for about $900+ but I don't recall the precise details.

All the best
    Maz

7. Red Lion Convoy

Red Lion Convoy Active Member

Maz, the TF - 1 is teriffic and I have a question about the Diaclone Powered Convoy stickers.

What is the little black writing inbetween the red triangles because it wasn't on the G1 Ultra Magnus stickers when Hasbro released G1 Ultra Magnus between 1985 and 1986.