Diaclone Powered Convoy and G1 Artfire repro stickers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Ginrai, May 4, 2011.

1. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

I didn't want to put this in customs because my question kind of concerns the original toys...let me know if you guys can help.

Did these ever get made by reprolabels, tfstickers, a similar site, or any of our members?

If no:

How many of the stickers are the same between Diaclone Powered Convoy and G1 Ultra Magnus?

How about between G1 Artfire and G1 Inferno (just the cab side stickers are different, right?)?

I ask because I thought it would be fun to try my hand at making some simple repaints/customs from junkers that I have and I thought it would be great to get reproduction stickers for this purpose (I do not have reprolabels on any of my G1's so these would be the exception).

A nearby friend has the takara reissue powered convoy for me to compare to to make my painting guide, but we definitely don't have an artfire, so I need help on details from the people who have him and from photos I look at.

Also, on an semi-related note, what does the clip for the targetmaster with artfire do? Does it hold the gun on the ladder?

Anything else I should know? I know the main color differences between both toys and figured I would buy an extra US reissue Ricochet to get the Nightstick...that's who Artfire came with right?

2. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I do not own the diaclone powered convoy, however I own the E-hobby reissue and the stickers are exactly the same as the regular Ultra Magnus, now I do not know anything about artfire, will check pics in the generations book and let you know.

3. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Yes my friend has the same magnus you do, we figured they were the same, we just didn't have a magnus handy. So i guess I can just order some Ultra Magnus reprolabels.

So now it is down to the artfire questions I guess and if anyone made them. I am thinking the regular stickers will be the same as inferno's but I will be screwed with the factory applied ones.

4. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I just checked the book, the stickers for artfire are the same for inferno, except for two red signs with white japanese letters on the doors of the truck mode.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, and . . . .

. . . . yep. I'm gonna work on an Artfire custom this summer [hopefully]. Those two labels should be pretty easy to make :) 

6. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Yup, I was hoping someone made the two Japanese stickers, I'll probably just leave them out of the plans for now until I can find a solution.

The general painting should be easy along with some sanding/masking, these two figures don't have a ton of parts that really rub a lot. I am already playing with tint ideas for the blue glass/sirens.

Did anyone KO/Repro Artfire's TM hands or the TM clip? And does the clip hold the gun on the ladder in vehicle mode or somewhere else?

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Alyosha made an Artfire repro kit.

8. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

So I am assuming no one else did then...

Since you seem to be the guy to ask, who made Marlboor Wheeljack stuff. I know darkov was one guy here that made the parts, did wheeljaxx, anyone else here, or a business make the parts or labels?

Also, I know you mentioned it months back, but those shelf talkers may be making it out into the wild soon, I just have to figure out how many I am keeping for myself.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, Darkov made some sets, but got a C&D from Marlboro. Reprolabels made some labels, but got the same.

10. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

I figured that. I will have to find someone that has a set they didn't use...

11. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Not all Diaclone Powered Convoy stickers are the same. The regular Powered Convoy had a white stickersheet, while chrome one was shiny/chrome stickersheet. Unless my memory is as corrupted as I think, the chrome version even had factory stickers not present on the regular version at all. These are most notable on the blue chest piece attachment...let me see if I can dig out some pictures...

Factory stickers for Chrome version chest piece
    [​IMG]

Chrome version stickersheet
    [​IMG]

Reissue Magnus stickers (you will spot the minor differences):
    [​IMG]

Chest piece again
    [​IMG]

If you need them for some kind of project, I can dig out the regular Powered Convoy white stickersheet scan I made ages ago from my other HDD, let me know.

All the best
    Maz

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Maz, you continue to be more and more awesome. Thanks so much for the head's up on this.

13. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    My pleasure mate, I hope it helps you out in some way. Powered Convoy really is quite exceptional, in absolutely all of its incarnations.

All the best
    Maz

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I'm certainly glad we got Ultra Magnus in the colors that we did, as it's created a nice variety. It's still pretty surprising just how close we came to getting it in the Powered Convoy colors.

I totally agree with your sentiment about Powered Convoy as well :D 

15. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Maz,

Thanks for the update. Yes, Powered Convoy certainly is exceptional. I would like some scans of the different sheets to scale if possible. If not, no problem. So you are saying that there were two variant sticker sheets during the original diaclone release, correct?

Also, anyone have an unused reprolabels version of the marlboor sticker sheet (obviously please DO NOT post a scan of it here), or do you know what the difference was between their version and the other copy that was just a scan of the original diaclone sheet? Did the reprolabels version include stickers for the "red" pieces so that you wouldn't have to paint the top of a wheeljack body?

Lastly, is Alyosha still reliable for items that say "instock" or would I be waiting around for a long time like many people I have read about?

16. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

i just have the one i got from E-bay. haven't cut it out yet

17. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

those factory labels come with the reprolabels UM set too....
    http://www.reprolabels.com/Autobots/Autobots/Mapultramagnus.jpg

18. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I can get some scans for you probably on Wednesday, drop me a PM if I have forgotten. The two stickersheets are different yes. White background base for regular Powered Convoy and red-cabbed GiG Powered COnvoy, but chrome based (like the one posted above) for the chrome-trailered Powered Convoy sold later and in the Powered DX set. The two toys themselves had differences in the blue and red plastic also, and of course the chrome trailer PC also had white missiles whereas the other versions had grey missiles. Bopper missiles for the GiG of course (not always).

Ah yes, stickers #1. They don't seem to be in the same place as the Diaclone factory stickers though. The Diaclone ones are on the chest piece, these are on Ultra Magnus's trailer. He could certainly use them though if he wants to recreate the chrome PC look.

All the best
    Maz

19. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

And Reprolabels will change the stock the labels are printed on as well, so if he wants a set printed on chrome, AND white, he'd be able to do it. All you have to do is put it in a note when you order.

20. EVOLVE

EVOLVE Lord Waruder

Hey MAZ,my new Diaclone buddy :)  Today I was digging in my PCs collection for some shocking display shots,as a pathetic display of power on here and Facebook as well! :D eheheh...Fine....I own 4 MEKKI (a.k.a. "chromed") PCs,one of them is the infamous PCDX.Each of them is in various conditions..but NONE of them can be so proud to sport unapplied sticker sheet.But fortunately one of them had a lot of stickers randomly sticked on the truck.Fact is that the chest piece has already those rectangles applied,as shown in your pic....But the sticker sheet has the chromed version of those that were usually applied on the chest piece belonging to the regular grey one.Does it mean that Talkara left the choice of wich ones to choose for the chestpiece application or what???It confuses me since I'm removing the stickers form the cab to apply them on a MEKKI for a final dispaly.I hope my english is clear enough to explain this complicated dilemma I'm living this sunday,eeheheheh.... ps....could you please pot it also on Diaclone/Microman group on here?Many people would be superinterested in your analysis....thanks!