Diaclone Fortress X

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jingjing, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Anyone here who owns this figure? How tall is it? I'm very tempted on hunting one down, it looks awesome! How much are they generally going for loose and complete?

2. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I'm not that well-versed in Diaclones but I did came across an auction on eBay (several months back) that listed one in particular MIB condition & asking for almost close to USD $900.

No idea if its complete though... :eek: 

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Hes not as big as Fort Max, I remember by cousin having this guy when I was a kid, he lived in California and got all the cool Diaclone figures. I have seen him go for more than $900 dollars complete, he has alot of pieces so to get a complete one is an achievement.

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That advert was pretty cool though :) 

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not as big, but I think there's a lot of playability in that set. Plus, its classic G1 style engineering.

6. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Looks pretty incredible, I'd buy a reissue

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ PROVIDED if the line's popular enough to warrant one. Otherwise you may as well :D ream:

8. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

i'm the lucky owner of one of these guys :) 

it's about 15-16 inches tall.

the crazy thing about the toy that's not on a lot of sites is it has a lot of diecast making it pretty heavy. the chest instrument panels and one of the leg panels has metal lithographing like they did on the old tin toys. I think this is unique in the diaclone and transformer line as i've never seen another takara toy with metal litographinng like on this one.

it's REALLY cool. really nice early tf styling and so much s**t that shoots out and connects to other parts. i had to make it my avatar on here.

i bought mine a couple months ago on ebay, the box was really faded but the styro was good and it was complete. it was 600-700. i've been looking for one a long time and once in awhile loose ones come up but they are never complete.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

probably not as poseable as 1987 fort max is either. while fort max isn't a super poseable TF toy. at the very least fort max's hips can walk & split out to the sides. fort max's knees can bend sideways. fort max's shoulders can swing up/down. fort max's elbows can bend. fort max's fist can rotate all aroud 360 degrees.

It certainly does look like Hasbro/Takara copied some design elements,sculpt & accessories from this "DIACLONE X" toy in that u-tube video. like the toes being vechicles of sorts. the bigger headmaster design seems to look similar to diaclone X. Other things I noticed is the similarity in bot & city mode. I also noticed all the launching stuff that both toys have.

CONCLUSION: Yeah,that's a cool name to name that toy. Diaclone fortress X seems like a fitting TF fan name for that diaclone X toy mold.

10. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

well yes, of course, I just meant that while I think it's cool, I wouldn't be willing to pay 500-1000 like more devoted fans apparently are