Diablo 3, The sounds of endless clicking

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I honestly can't believe there isn't a thread about this already. I'm hyped about it, hopefully it'll come out this year (maybe not) . The witch doctor class looks like it'll be fun to play, but the other classes look good too. So, who's up for it?

In other news, it's possible that there could be a console release of it too.

Blizzard investigating Diablo for consoles | Joystiq

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    that has made my day and my computers now i can just play this game on my ps3 lol and not have to bye a new computer

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I am not sure it would require a new computer to play it, Blizz seems to have a good record of keeping older pcs to a degree able to run their games.

However I am direly anticipating this and wish it would come out this year as a surprise. I wasted(enjoyably) so much time with Diablo 2 and LoD, least 2-3 years of it. Mainly the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. Got maybe 5 hours split of sleep a day between football and work.

Oh and Barb FTW!

4. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    This could be very bad for me. I played Diablo II for 8 years... I went through 3 mice and 2 keyboards. Common failures: mouse button and SHIFT/ALT key.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to the pc version. I also got little to no sleep when I was playing D2 in high school. I played a necro until LoD came out then I went full wolf Druid.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

LOL! Sadly I am STILL using the same mouse from back in 2000 I got a while before D2 came out. Works just fine still, Intellimouse Explorer by Microsoft.

Ahhh the necro, how I remember having 3 of them teamed up in that arcane maze place with the narrow walkways with all the skeletons out....what fun indeed.

7. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Diablo 1 was the most brutal on mice - I burned through a lot of microswitches! at least with D2 & LOD you could hold the mouse down to attack instead of clickclickclick.

8. Rodentus prime

News Credits:
    So any thought on the info just released?

-6 active skills instead of 7. Traits revamped into "passive skills," only 3 active at a time.
    -Each class has ~20 skills and ~15 passives.
    -Cauldron of Jordan: Allows you to sell items from battle.
    -Nephalem Cube: Salvages items.
    -Stone of Recall: D3's version of a hearthstone.
    -Stash is huge! Larger than LoD's and has 5 pages, that you can purchase for gold.
    -DH has 2 separate resources, Hatred and Discipline, both regenerate at a certain rate.
    -Beta will only be a portion of Act 1 and will be relatively small.
    -Real money auction house as well as a gold auction house and direct trading.
    -Banner system to represent each person individually.
    -Character naming system is exactly like SC2's. Name#XXX.

No offline play is annoying - I'll only be ok with it if there is no lag,
    At first the fact that skill points have been removed seems bad but I think the 'add runes to skills' system will make up for it,
    I doubt I'll ever use it but the real world cash auction house comes across as a blatant money grabbing exercise (they're doing it to provide a secure environment for trade - sure...)

I hope I get a look at the game when the Beta test starts.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know I played a lot of Diablo and D2, but for the life of me I can't remember the mechanics very well. I'm not terribly excited for D3 right now, but I've a feeling I'll pick it up and sink crazy hours into it, just like every other Blizzard game (especially since I quit WoW). I need to read up on this real money AH they announced, that sounds unusual for Bliz.

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thoughts:

At first the thought of no offline bothered me but then I realized that I'm fine with that. I played D2 offline for just a short time and then multiplayer. Never touched offline again.

Larger stash = awesome.

Real money auction house = smart. I'm sure they saw the big real money trading that was going on with ebay and all kinds of small sites. They want a part of that business. Can't blame them.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll get excited about this game when it's a week from launch. Otherwise, it doesn't exist, :D 

12. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

It is also ment as a deterrent for all those in game gold farmers that sell for money.

13. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Ebay:
    It'll give them amazing legal ground for suing people who cheat now too. Father used to use some type of tool to mine with his Magic Finding characters. Never understood doing that... I mean, having a program play the game for you. Always seem to defeat the purpose of playing the game. Having the best/greatest item wasn't what made it fun.... finding them was the reward.

14. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Initially I was turned off by the way they're going to handle the auction house, but now I'm kind of curious. I can't say I'm a fan of the no offline mode, so it's going to be interesting how that turns out.

15. Rodentus prime

News Credits:
  16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

This should be good. I especially like the ability to sell stuff on the field, that's going to really streamline things and no more wasted time having to portal back to town just to open up the inventory.

Also, do we know if we can have a limited degree of character customization? I personally like the Barbarian Kratos look from DII over the DIII version which looks like he belongs in Dragon Age somewhat.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This announcement will preface me staying a while in front of my computer and listening to the endless sound of clicking.

18. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

They removed the ability to sell in the field a few Beta's back. But you have a Town Portal(aka Hearthstone) to use as much as you want, with no cooldown.

There is no customization besides armor and dyes.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, okay, that's still better than having to keep a tome of town portal stocked all the time.

Well, at least that's an improvement over DII where all the armor looked the same for each class.

20. Rodentus prime

News Credits: