Devil May Cry3: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Finally found this DMC3 remake at Target (only $20 everywhere)
    and so glad I waited. Was dissapointed with DMC2 after being blown away by the first one. This one feels as good as the first.

For those that did'nt know it's still Devil May Cry 3, but it's over extreme difficulty has been toned down as well as an easy mode added.
    There's also a Turbo mode where the game speeds up%25
    Very helpful for when going back to previous stages to get some orbs.

Also yo can play as Vergil, the DMC3 villain, but I think you have to beat game to unlock him.
    I hear he kicks as much as ass Dante if not more.
    Plus everything and way more from DMC3 is in here.

Keep an eye out for this title if you want some superb & very stylishly fun action gameplay. So far I can't stop playing it.
    Playing it on hard, while in turbo mode almost feels like playing Ninja Gaiden. The game that kept kicking your ass but you just had to have more until there was no more.
    It has a nice leveling up system as well for the weapons & character for the adventure/rpg fans.

Only $20, Zowie! Hope im not the only DMC fan here.

(Sorreh if alreday posted, TFW search is bad, badbadbadbad)

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

that's rad that it's only 20 bucks! I loved, LOVED the first one, though it was kinda easy. I wanted to get the second one, but the reviews kept me away from it. I'm almost a bit worried that the difficulty's turned down. I was thinking I wouldn't get it, because as with a lot of the sequals, I've just been thinking I'd wait until the ps3 comes out, but now I think I'll get it! oh, and dude, I think you can pretty much count me in on apparently anything you like too

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Looks like you can stop playing, if you took time to post on here about it! :tongue: 

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I'm tempted to buy it, but I just can't bring myself to it. I played through 1 (Even on DMD mode), but i'm sad that they made the game easier. It just doesn't sound like there's enough new content to make me want to buy it... but then I think that it's 20 bucks.

Vergil was playable in the regular edition, but he didn't get his own special style. The bloody palace just doesn't sound that amazing for me, and since new Vergil doesn't get a story from what I hear, it just isn;t as interesting.

5. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    I may have to pick it up for such a good price. From what I've heard 3 is just as good as the first.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

It's definately a great game, and for 20 bucks, if you have any interest at all you should definately get it.

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i love dmc 3. i went into game at the weekend and asked when its out over here, they've never heard of it. i hope it gets a UK release.

8. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE. But the nice man at EB told me it should start showing up a lot more in a few weeks.

I did however take him up on his offer to buy the original since it was only 20 bucks and Dante doesn't have a unlimited DT costume in the special edition.

9. smangerbot

really? is this because of the new difficulty levels? hmm. i dunno if that bothers me much, as the hard difficulty setting was freaking HARD.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

This still has the same hard difficulty as the regular DMC 3 , and even better, there's even a harder mode added DMC3 did'nt have.
    So DMC 3 : Special Edition is both easier and harder. Which ever mode you choose to play.
    Hope that kills your alls 'diffuculty ' excuses :lol 
    It's still frikn hard and Im dying ALOT. Mostly from the bosses
    Would make it all the way though the stage just for the bosses to kick my ass.
    But they did add a continue feature at boss fights so you dont have to have those tedious times repeating stages.

Target has a bunch of them in their &20 games section. You may have the best luck there since it's sold out everywhere else or hav'nt recieved it yet.
    TRU is dumb, they was telling me regular DMC3 IS the special edition because it's only $20 now as well.
    Just could'nt get it through their thick heads and they was acting like I did'nt know what I was talking about lol

11. smangerbot

i have berks like that over here. i went to pick up the special ed. of resident evil 4, but they had sold out of the extras that make it special. when i asked how much the normal one was, (£10 cheaper) i asked why the guy was trying to sell me a special version that didnt come with all the features that made it special! arse.

anyways, i've been looking for this dmc game, but i dont think its out in the uk yet. i've been practicing on the regular one in anticipation, as i heard it uses the save games so im not totally wasting my time.