Heavy/Scratch: Devil Bat Mindwipe and Strike Parts

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by minsok, Oct 27, 2010.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

2. AkatsukiFan

AkatsukiFan Legendary

cool but wheres his robot mode

3. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

OK, someone's gonna say it so it may as well be me...
    What, no tutorial?:trolls: 

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice. As the guy who came up with the bat fan-mode, I like the modifications! The ear/tailfin thing is great... it was one of those things that bugged me too. :thumbs2: 

Also, interesting discovery about that red collar bit... I was just handling my Mindwipe yesterday and wondering why that thing was there. So moving it in front of the head doesn't affect transformation at all? I notice that you notched it, but I'm not sure why.

I'm sort of curious though... with those talons, do you think you'll be able to get him back into a jet mode, or will Mindwipe just be a bat-former from now on? :) 

zmog

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome! very interesting indeed =-D I always thought ole' mindwipe was under appreciated

6. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

It's in the fourth picture or something.

I notched it to get it past the ball joint in the neck. Removing that 3 inch pin is impossible, my soldering iron wasn't up to the task. Jin Saotome also moved the collar in his ROTF Soundwave.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Good to know... I f***in' HATE pin-removals. I have enough trouble with the supposedly EASY ones! I think I'll use your method to try this out. :) 

zmog

8. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Made a few changes, decided to do all the panel lines in red because black was really dull. Covered up his beady eyes and filled in the visor. I found a way to mistransform Skystalker so he looks pretty good on the stealth. Still needs a couple laser cannons.

I sacrificed a Sunspot to make the strike parts. I decided I'm just going to abandon that part. I really like how the claw looks, though.

9. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

looks friggin awesome

10. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I'm surprised people don't seem to like this as much as I do. Anyway, the T.R.A.C.E. Laser system is complete. Much better than my strike parts prototype. Might put a joint in each finger so the hand can actually grab shit. Right now the knife makes a really awesome thumb.

I also improved the "tank" mode, it looks a lot better with Skystalker attached. I also made up a nosferatu mode for the hell of it, goes with the creepy hand. The laser parts can also be worn as a skirt and combined with Skystalker into a kind of arm cannon. Oh yeah, they also attach to Skystalker to make him look sort of like a squid.

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    These are excellent mods there, You rule.

12. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Ummm... so I think I'm going to finally pick up a mindwipe now. I liked him before, and even more so with that sweet bat mode, but seeing how he looks with red panel lining is just pure win! Be warned I'll probably be hitting you up for a couple mod explainations. Damn, he looks so sweet now!

13. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did black panel lines initially, but they were really boring. The red makes it look like something from ZOE, I'm really impressed with it.

14. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Good to know even the best of us have trouble with pin removal. I avoid it like the plague.

Nice job on Mindwipe, he's my favourite figure from the ROTF line and even better with these mods.

15. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Updated pictures finally.

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion that may be cool (but of course, I leave it to you if you want to do it). The last picture really impressed me, where your 4 fuel tanks and the cockpit formed 1 large hand. If you put one of those on his OTHER hand, you would have two hands with long, oversized hands. Even with just that, you could add to the bat-motif. If you wanted to add some kind of webbing, could add even more "bat" to this, like this:

[​IMG]