Device Label Ravage

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GogDog, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Necrobump - but the lower jaw on my ravage just broke off while I was transforming him - split at the base of one of the side pieces, I'm not very happy - I've only transformed him a couple of times...

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.:( 
    Mine's been okay so far, and I've transformed and fiddled with him quite a bit, but I'll take extra care around the jaw area.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I just got a Windows 7 PC and The operating system seems to want to not switch off power to USB devices even when the memory has been shut down to safely remove it - the power is still on, sure this is a handy thing to recharge things - but I hear that it does not even maintain power when in a semi-asleep state.

So basically I've got a computer that does not switch of USB sticks and does not charge USB devices when it's hybernated or asleep.. in fact you actually have to have put your computer to sleep to put the lights out on Flash Memory.

This is idiotic and i was wondering if there's actually a fix for it - I don't want to Burn out Ravage etc.. due to Microsoft being a bit insane and going out of their way to make things that don't do what people want them too (No offline mail programme interaction, no ability to change the wallpaper on Windows 7 Starter, Media center's screen going black while it's recording, hiding the show desktop button in a silly place and not labeling it so I only found it by chance - & unable to choose the size of the desktop icons they have to be all the same size, etc... is not something that make me like Microsoft much lately). I'd even say I'm not impressed by PC's rarely having multi-user licenses any more unless you order it specially.

Serves me right for thinking that Windows 7 would be less annoying than XP - I like Air though - that's pretty fun.... and the Task bar page preview's kind of cool I suppose.

I don't want Ravage to be fried by Windows 7 though if I can help it.

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Windows 7 is terrific. If you have starter, that's why you're not liking it.

The drives aren't going to burn out.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I just got a bootleg white ravage in the mail off of ebay. paid $11 shipped for it, and it's a nice mold. I got it because I want to paint a yellow usb steeljaw to have for the usb hub blaster when (if) it finally ever comes out.

6. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

The tail hinge on mine broke last night after I transformed him to USB drive and installed the software. :( 

Need to get hold of a cheap KO to fix it with....

7. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

ANyone see these around for sale lately ? I've seen the KO's on ebay, but most are way off in their dimensions, and the odd one that looks near identical to the Device Label original is about the same price. Late in the game as usual :rolleyes2 

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    They were just on sale at hlj or one of our sponsors. It was on the front page. $25 I believe.

9. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I'm lookin, but I can't find them :inquisiti 

***EDIT*** Found it on HLJ, but they are showing "discontinued" and are showing a price of $45.
    Anyone else see these around ? I guess with all the new pc operating systems, they're more than likely going to upgrade the next release, if any...

10. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    My mistake. It was cheetus on sale. Here's the original link.

HobbyLink Japan Transformers Sale - Transformers News - TFW2005

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm looking for a replacement of mine as well. Not only did I have a problem with the jaw on mine snapping, the rear left leg "knee" joint broke as well. I got a KO as a stand in for now but it's just not the same :( 

12. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Now on mine the damn upper thigh hinge on one of the back legs has snapped too. Considering the cost of these the quality is crap.

13. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Any sign of Takara reissuing these like they did with Henkei Hound and Henkei Convoy ?

If they had another crack at them they could fix the quality control issues and maybe make them cheaper due to the memory prices being cheaper now... or keep the price the same and make them Windows 7 Compatible (for the Ravage programme) and bigger storage.

I welcome any comments or comparison pics with the real and knock offs too.

14. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I don't know what you encountered, but I have two Win7 PCs that run the Desktop Defender program just fine.

15. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    More and more pieces are breaking on mine, and it's literally just sitting on my shelf. First the jaw (which I was able to fix), then the pack leg joint and now the tail just randomly broke off. So sad :( 

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the breaking problems only a week after getting him so exchanged him for tigatron (who ha had no such problems) Shame really since I preferred Ravage's colour scheme.

Whatever happened to a domestic release of Ravage is what I want to know.

17. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I was looking On E-bay and I noticed this :

4GB 4G Transformers Ravage USB Flash Memory Stick Drive on eBay (end time 15-Feb-11 20:03:04 GMT)

Has an elogated body and no movable neck. (theres a lot of them up there on Ebay)

Then I saw this :

2GB Transformers USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Pen Drive on eBay (end time 18-Feb-11 03:44:03 GMT)

Which seems to have a neck joint and also seems to have a general mould shape like the genuine one - but it also has white legs.

Anyone bought the second sort - its more money but it looks like a better mould ?

Or there was someone selling ones with another slight difference with Purple logos but I can't seem to find any up at the moment.

This is a feedback thread can I have some feedback please ?

18. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    What are you doing to your Ravages if they are breaking that much? Are you actually using them as USB drives, carrying them around in your pockets? I've had mine for a while, transformed him a bunch of times, nothing ever happened... but he's on a shelf and I don't use him as a USB drive.

19. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Three posts up:

I've plugged it into a computer twice.

20. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    That does look to be a very accurate copy aside from the lack of silver paint on the lower legs. If there's a market for these, I could certainly talk to the seller and try to get them in stock.