Device Label Ravage

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by GogDog, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Awesome pics! I hope to get mine this week :D 

I thought the classics/universe one looked cool, but this one is even better in cat mode!

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice! If he wasn't so damn expensive I would probably get one, too bad he got delayed as I was in Japan when this was originally suppose to come out :(  Will probably wait for some deals on these as I do want to eventually pick some of these Device Labels up (Ravage and Blaster for sure) :D  At first glance I was kinda meh, but that pic with ML Soundwave sold me, I'm impressed how well Ravage goes with him :D 

I would say the latter for sure, I dont see Hasbro ever doing something like this. It's too bad too, I would love to see a stripped down version as a value pack or something (Soundwave VS Blaster?).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    He loooks awesome. Just not sure if he's fifty dollars awesome. He is definetly awesome though.

4. Silent Bob

Silent Bob Well-Known Member

Have had one on order for what feels like forever.
    Ravage is one of my fave Decepticons and this looks like his best figure yet.
    Your pics have just made me twice as impatient!!!

Bob

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  6. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't like it. Head's too big, limbs too thin. If the head was a touch smaller, or the legs a little less stick like...

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm really digging Ravage. as a toy, I wish it had more head articulation but I understand it needed to be kept fairly basic. It's pretty expensive for what it is, but I'm enjoying it so that's what matters to me! I'm looking forward to Blaster's release.

I spent probably 20 minutes playing with the desktop icon earlier this morning :lol  I love the dirty look he gives you when you move him around manually :lolol 

8. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I made a video earlier today to show others the 'Desktop Defender' program that's been mentioned. Check it out!

YouTube - Device Label Ravage in Action!

Cheers!

(And these guys are only $30 bucks here in Japan, MUWAHAHAHA)

- Alty

9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If it were an 8GB drive, then I would get it without thinking, but as it is, I already have a 2GB drive that's about 1/5 as small and cost 1/2 the price.

Still so tempting though after all the nice, clear, high-quality pics you posted. Thanks!

10. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    I was on the fence, but bought one because Gogdog told me to. He should be here sometime this afternoon.

11. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I got mine about a week ago and FINALLY found a windows system to try the software on. All I have at home is Linux and Mac. Anyways, the program is hilarious. Pure win.

Ravage is also pretty damn good. I was slightly unhappy at first that I'd spent $40 on something this small, but I got over it. Great articulation aside from the lack of a neck balljoint (not sure how one could make that look right.)

Anyone figured out how to make the program run without putting Ravage in the USB port?

12. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday and I've been fiddling with it here at work all morning instead of working. I think that ideally this would be a $30 figure at most, but I don't regret getting him at the BBTS price. It is cool to see the evolution from the G1 cassette, Classics cassette, and now flash drive. The only thing that would make him cooler is if Hasbro used this mould in an 8Gb version with the TF3 movie on it in 2011.

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

At the risk of having had this question answered already (but I did a cursory search and found nothing), does anyone yet know what the 2 different pics on the back of both cats' boxes portends for the upcoming DL Blaster figure? What I am referring to can be seen in the last pic on each of these TFSource.com pages:

Device Label - Transforming USB Flash Memory (2 GB) - Tigatron
    Device Label - Transforming USB Flash Memory (2 GB) - Ravage

Observe that in Tigatron's pic of the back of his package, you can see that Blaster's screen is red with an Autobot symbol and Ravage's box shows Blaster with a green screen and a Decepticon symbol.

So, basically, does anybody yet know if we'll be able to change the screen image somehow? It'd be cool if it was electronic and changed respectively when each character was plugged in, but this is incredibly doubtful since the screen appears to be in 3 parts. Most likely, if the screen does change, it will be due to a switch somewhere that can slide a new image into place. Or maybe I'm over-thinking this and it's just a cool way to promote an upcoming product. :) 

14. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It is likely that Blaster has a sticker the screen or it was photoshopped. For the transformation, the screen breaks up in 3 parts so the digital screen will not work. It is a USB hub not a cell phone.

15. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

And I'd concede that you're probaly right about it simply being photshopped, but I don't recall seeing that many items on the backs of TF packages that are so blatantly different from their final release (if it actually gets released now, of course). And, yes, of course,it's not a cellphone, but I could actually see a way to make the screen light up, three parts or not, if Takara wanted to actually do it (which I doubt).

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Yeah, and if any of us were looking for an MP3 player with good features for the price we would have stayed the hell away from Music Label Soundwave too. Takara knows exactly how to separate us from our money.

17. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does anyone who have this have its body that house the usb so easly broken?

I just got mine today, and happy to have him while fiddling with it, but as soon as I try to bend its head, the body torn to half (I didn't put THAT much pressure on it)

the piece was broke clean on its seam, I think it's more a QC issue on the glue there.

maybe this is part of the reason blaster got cancelled/postponed. QC issue?

19. Noizemaze

News Credits:
    Me thinks you probably used too much force on it. The body of mine is really solid and I haven't heard of anyone else cracking thiers in half.

20. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The body of mine is fine as well, but the Jaw broke in half. I know it's been a few months since the last post here, but I only got my ravage a few days ago for my birthday...has anybody else had QC issues with thier ravage/tigatron/cheetor?