Devestator's head..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    After looking through some of the high res screen grabs in another thread on the board, I have changed my opinion of how devestator's head is formed. I used to think it transformed out of Mixmaster, but now I see that Mixmaster just kinda opened up like a box with the top and bottom blown out and the swivel dump truck bot transformed into the head and went through the middle of Scavenger and straight up the middle of the hollowed out Mixmaster. Just look at the red metal on Dev's face and you can see it was obviously from the dump truck. Am I seeing it right?

2. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Yeah I was thinking that too. Devastator is quite a complex robot. I think he truley is made out of 11 constructicons.

3. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, 'overload' certainly makes up the face but like you say he must connect through mixmaster to scavenger as the amount of red on the face doesn't seem enough for a dump truck that's a little larger than the cement mixer.

Devastator is defintiely more complex the probably even the designers/renders even know - I;m sure all of the robots have had a number of tweaks made to their appearance with little regard how it would affect the actual transfomation...

4. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

I noticed that, I think the cement mixer makes the neck and turbine mechanism.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Overload makes most of the head, and Mixer makes the neck, and also some head/face.

And btw, Overload's alt is an articulated dump truck, it's actually very BIG, but I haven't had any luck finding an image of it for scale purposes. It's a Kumatsu articulated dumptruck, HD-485 (or 465?:confused: ), I'm sure, think of it as an over-stretched Longhaul..

6. ShockFleet

ShockFleet Member

What do you think those eleven are?

7. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I believe parts of Scavenger or Overload have entered and mixed with Mixmaster's parts, Mixmaster forming the skull of Devastator while Overload/Scavenger forms the face.