Devestator?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Well, we know atleast 2 constructicons will be showing up, do you guys think there will be a devastartor?

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hope so i love him

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Probably a combiner of some sort. Now the question is will it be more than 2 constructicons.

Maybe we will see like a dual-combiner or something. Or Super pants/Shirt modes so they can be reversible...

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope so. It'd be nice to get a good Devastator toy for once. Even if it is a two man combiner team... well... as long as they improve upon the two man combining style. Never did like Superlink/Energon's 'powerlinking'.

But, yeah, I hope they do make Devastator for animated sense we know about the Constructicons.

5. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Yeah thats one thing I was afraid of. The only possibilities I can think of with 2 figures is a shirt+pants mode.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    well, there's always symmetrical docking.

7. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I though about that it is better than shit + pants. Any other ways possible other than completley taking apart both of them ^.^

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    there'd pretty much have to be. whether they make it a six member team, or a two member combiner (like slamdance, squawkbox, mega-dinobot). Either way, Devastator would be pretty much expected. Especially because of what we know from watching the end of episode 11: Lost and Found *hint/wink/nudge/etc...*.

Afterall, it was a major character that alot of folks remember from the 80s, thus it being homaged so dang-blasted much.

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd rather not the shirt and pants version, with a little bit of thought, then they could create a two-man gestalt that mixes the two up together

10. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    i think i like the semetrical docking. If they can pull it off like in that clip. where the fists are in compartments. They could use that like a homage to g1also.

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Agreed.

And if we get a Mixmaster-type Constructicon, I want that barrel to be an arm cannon. Devastator would rock with an arm cannon. (Think, like Shockwave, a BFG in place of a hand).

It fits quite well thematically... whereas individually as a team, the Constructicons build, combined as one, they destroy.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

He'll probably be called Brawl for this series.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Ha.

Funny.

14. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I like the idea of symmetrical docking. It's a neat concept and I'd love to see it happen.

15. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Anything is better than that, man. ;) 

16. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Hell, I'd be happy if any gestalt shows up. But if it's already difficult enough designing transformable toys that resemble the cartoony robots and their vehicle modes, then a gestalt that combines five or six of them together must be an impossible challenge. I have my doubts it will become a reality.

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The two Constructicons confirmed so far are Scrapper and Mixmaster. (finally Hasbro bought back the rights, I was tired of names like 'Buckethead')...

But I think it was mentioned somewhere on these yonder boards that there'll be more Constructicons appearing later in the series. I just hope they get the rights back to Hook too, when I hear 'Hightower' I alway think 'Police Academy'...

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... as someone else mentioned... (though I know you've seen this)...

...which would be awesome. Though it's never been used in Trasnformers it would work well conceptually I think if there's only two members of the Constructicons.

AH! BAY DID IT AGAIN! :lolol 

Yeah, the name Buckethead annoyed me too, but when did we find out the other Constructicon's name was going to be Mixmaster? I thought the only one that was confirmed was Scavanger because of that one game Hasbro's got out.

As for other Constructicons, again I may have missed something, but wasn't it only speculated that there would be more or did one of the guys who drops tons of hints mention more showing up later?

That said; if there are more than two Constructicons (I think expecting to see all six is a bit much) Hasbro/Takara has already shown that they can create three man combiners (Beast Wars & RID) and four man combiners (RID) very well. Personally, outside of the five man teams... I liked the introduction of six man teams... the six man teams seem to integrate better with each other than some of the others do IMPO.

Still, I'd be ecstatic if we actually eventually got all six Constructicons and they combined into the mighty Devastator!!! Like I said... I've been dieing for a decently done Devastator. The original is cool, but hardly has any articulation... Energon's (repainted in Classics) isn't even Devastator in my opinion short of a color scheme and vehicle type homage... and Universe's two were nice, but one's too small with bad articulation and the other is a repaint of the RID Build Team... which means it's awesome in all things except the number of members and the fact that it wasn't really intended to be Devastator.

19. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

yes i do think there will be a devastator and i hope so to

20. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

If there's only 2 Constructicons combining to form Devastator, wouldn't he be only as tall as Megatron?

Hope there'll be more.